Best deal you ve ever had ( HUKD excluded)

Posted 3rd Jun 2020
what's your best deal you have ever had? For example i bought my ps4 brand new for 170 pounds back in 2016! I wasnt aware of HUKD back then as I was living in another country
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I got divorced once.
I may have saved money on things I needed but I have definitely spent more on things I don’t need on here
26 Comments
I got divorced once.
Not a deal more of a freebie.

Parents gave me life (many years ago) and I`ve used it every day since
Recently bought a Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro for £214.15 direct from Amazon UK, but it came with a EU charger. Complained to Amazon and straight away they offered to refund £85! Basically got a brand new phone with 6GB RAM and 128 Memory for only £129 for! Happy Days.
Last year I ordered standing mirror from Argos; paid online for collection in-store... Couple of days later I get an email from Argos saying they are refunding the money because "apparently" I hadn't collect the item!
12 cans of Napolina Chopped Tomatoes 69p
I may have saved money on things I needed but I have definitely spent more on things I don’t need on here
Ps4 Pro tesco misprice in 2017 (?) for £155 (after selling included games and extra controller)

Sold it two weeks ago to cex for £314 so 3 years gaming and doubled my money
5 years worth of Xbox live for £10 (back in 2014)
Tcb did £50 cash back on a gambling site if you bet £5.

I bet £5 and won £15
So I bet another £5 won again
Repeat
Repeat, cashed out then got my £50 tcb.. Never gambled since but the £100+ was a nice bonus
The PS4 Pro price glitch on Currys a couple of years ago. They refunded everyone, but also sent us a free gift card worth £313. So everyone had a £313 Currys gift card for nothing

Also got 3 years Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for free on the Lego glitch

Edit: didn't realise it was excluding HUKD, both of those were thanks to HUKD
Edited by: "RamsMax" 3rd Jun
Blueskinnedbeast03/06/2020 00:37

Not a deal more of a freebie.Parents gave me life (many years ago) and …Not a deal more of a freebie.Parents gave me life (many years ago) and I`ve used it every day since

Terrible deal for me. Shame it’s non-refundable!
Radio Times Free Month Of Netflix

This was mine, it was amazing, I went around to all the local shops and purchased the entire stock of Radio Times available and had roughly stacked 17 months for free for a purchase price of less than £40. The Radio Times must have had their best month ever for sales. Many people went into shops and just took the codes off the inside cover without paying. At least i actually paid for them!
ArcadeAssassin03/06/2020 08:09

Radio Times Free Month Of NetflixThis was mine, it was amazing, I went …Radio Times Free Month Of NetflixThis was mine, it was amazing, I went around to all the local shops and purchased the entire stock of Radio Times available and had roughly stacked 17 months for free for a purchase price of less than £40. The Radio Times must have had their best month ever for sales. Many people went into shops and just took the codes off the inside cover without paying. At least i actually paid for them!

Great deal mate but we are talking about non HUKD bargains!
Kenny_Powers9103/06/2020 08:11

Great deal mate but we are talking about non HUKD bargains!

To be fair, Im not searching every deal ive ever had to see whether it ever appeared on this website and thus would be allowed. I only joined this site in November and simply searched Google to find reference to it in case people didn’t believe me. The link to this website came up so i used that. I actually worked in a store at the time and found out about it whilst stocking the shelves and then went out and slowly purchased the lot over a few days.
T-Mobile sim only deal for £0 a month inc (some) data, mins and txts. The deal even made the news
Edited by: "AgentDaleCooper" 3rd Jun
I bought a very expensive pair of shoes (£400+) from a retailer who decided to use Hermes to deliver them
Anyway the delivery kept saying it was due to be delivered on a day, then kept not arriving. I got in touch with customer service who told me they’d sent out another pair with DPD this time as they couldn’t locate the pair with Hermes. Next day I get the DPD pair, few hours later I receive the Hermes pair! Contacted customer service and they told me to keep them for the stress. I had been on their case daily and rightfully so! Ebayed the other pair so I had a free £400 pair of trainers and was about £375 quid up!
Two big bags of Sensation Crisps for 1p, supposed to be bogof but the self checkout decided to throw it as a 1.98p reduction. I'm amazed at myself control to not to go back and clear them out
Bought an electro acoustic guitar from Amazon Warehouse, reduced from £350 to £175.
It came with a small dent on the bottom and they gave a full refund and told me to keep it.

From the same source I bought a 28 inch gong reduced from £500 to £150.
Ordered a 36 inch gong which was reduced from £1,200 to £225.
That was lost in the post amazingly.

But my best deal was on the day I ordered the smaller gong.
Earlier that day I popped my head in the door of a junk/up-sell shop and asked jokingly if they had any gongs.
They didn’t but a customer in the store offered me a free 28 inch gong with stand and beater which she delivered the next day.
So that was over a grands worth of gong gear in one day for £150.
I have since spent over a grand on a Paiste 32 inch.
They are expensive things.
The 80 inch Paiste Symphonic is over £20k and weighs over 100kg.
Hoping that Aldi might have them on BOGOF soon!
PeacePipe03/06/2020 10:53

Bought an electro acoustic guitar from Amazon Warehouse, reduced from £350 …Bought an electro acoustic guitar from Amazon Warehouse, reduced from £350 to £175.It came with a small dent on the bottom and they gave a full refund and told me to keep it.From the same source I bought a 28 inch gong reduced from £500 to £150.Ordered a 36 inch gong which was reduced from £1,200 to £225.That was lost in the post amazingly.But my best deal was on the day I ordered the smaller gong.Earlier that day I popped my head in the door of a junk/up-sell shop and asked jokingly if they had any gongs.They didn’t but a customer in the store offered me a free 28 inch gong with stand and beater which she delivered the next day.So that was over a grands worth of gong gear in one day for £150.I have since spent over a grand on a Paiste 32 inch.They are expensive things.The 80 inch Paiste Symphonic is over £20k and weighs over 100kg.Hoping that Aldi might have them on BOGOF soon!

I very recently bought an acoustic guitar online for a discounted price of £1999. For reasons that are unclear to me, it was put through on my order as a 36" Paiste Symphonic Gong. I was shocked as to how expensive they were - though upon reflection it makes sense.

Anyway, I then spent at least 4 hours on Youtube watching videos about gongs, the different types, how they are made, and how to play them. Gong music is extremely relaxing, though I'm not sure my neighbours would agree!

Fascinating instruments! Sounds like you got a great deal.
I once found (by trying several dozen) a code for 75% off and free delivery on a designer clothing website. The code showed a mesage when input saying something like "internal code, for testing only". They only used 4 numbers in their offer codes but it was still very lucky to find it. Didn't over use it in case they noticed, think I managed 3 orders before the code was stopped.
The best one for me was Ruinart Champagne at Morrisons. Down from £60 to £10. I bought 20!
athunder03/06/2020 11:25

I once found (by trying several dozen) a code for 75% off and free …I once found (by trying several dozen) a code for 75% off and free delivery on a designer clothing website. The code showed a mesage when input saying something like "internal code, for testing only". They only used 4 numbers in their offer codes but it was still very lucky to find it. Didn't over use it in case they noticed, think I managed 3 orders before the code was stopped.

Thats weird mate, did you have an inside information or do you usually testing codes in every single site out there?
Kenny_Powers9103/06/2020 11:55

Thats weird mate, did you have an inside information or do you usually …Thats weird mate, did you have an inside information or do you usually testing codes in every single site out there?

No, there had been a code the day before posted here that was glitching, I was too late to checkout my order (it got pulled pretty quick), in frustration I tried going through a bunch of codes as they only used 4 numbers in their codes, and quite often I think they were in similar patterns (for example 2250, 2260 etc) and lucked out.
Had a few, like the Nokis phone I bought for £9.99 which had £20 cashback, the Bluetooth car stereo from Halfords which let me purchase for £0.00 but the best was a Dell deal on external hard drives. from memory I think they were something like £17.50 each, I ordered two. Dell's terms and conditions at the time were something like you'd receive a confirmation email then an order email, once the second email received it was a legal contract.

Dell pulled the deal stating pricing error but as I'd had the two emails I wrote to customer services who just responded with a standard "pricing error order cancelled" with no reply address. I continued to write approx every two days and about two weeks later I had a response again stating the error and order cancelled, but this time there was a real persons name and email address.

With the fact I now had a name and email address I wrote to the person stating breach of contract and citing I would be taking the issue to the small claims court stating they would be named on behalf of Dell. A day later I had an email from the head of their European complaints sector apologising about the order cancellation stating the price was for a different item and they no longer had stock of the hard drives but as a gesture of goodwill would I accept a payment in lieu of the hard drives. The hard drives were £75 each, so with the offer of £150 and the fact I hadn't spent a penny already due to the cancelled order, I accepted
Edited by: "dert" 3rd Jun
Bought a new car 10 years ago, showroom applied the scrappage scheme money as well as trade in discount, was supposed to be one or the other not both. Then about 2 years into my finance I got a letter stating my options at the end of my finance agreement were not correct and I got a cheque for something like £900, so £2k saved in total.
Wish I could have had a ppi claim on it too but I (thought) had been thorough reading the small print.
80 Henry Vacuum Bags For £10
My Switch was a good Ebay grab. It had only been used a couple of times when I bought it 2 years ago and arrived in absolutely pristine condition for £150. What's more the seller threw in a free Hori stand and a boxed copy of Mario Odyssey as well.
Post a comment
@
    Text