Expired

Best deals on an entry level laptop?

8 replies
Found 17th Mar 2009
My mum and brother want an entry level Laptop. Because I have a laptop I get lumbered with recommending a good deal, although my knowledge of laptops is limited.

I saw the laptop at £330 listed in Dixons, can anyone recommend any other better or similar deal?

At around this price or cheaper.

Many thanks?

1. Ask
  2. Laptop
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Laptop
8 Comments

It depends what they want a laptop for. If it is just browsing and basic office skills, maybe a netbook maybe cheaper. My Dad got a 160gb linux netbook before Xmas for under 200 and he is more than happy with it.

Original Poster

It will be for basic browsing and processing I imagine. Maybe a fair bit of downloading as well, via torrent sites. Would the Linux still be good for this?

Well I am not a Linux user myself but I know you can get photo editting software for it.

for the love of god don't touch linux...god even thinking of it makes me quezy

toolongawake;4672672

for the love of god don't touch linux...god even thinking of it makes me … for the love of god don't touch linux...god even thinking of it makes me quezy

Why? Is this version not designed for light and easy to use laptops for the One Laptop Per Child scheme?

I'm looking into one for my Dad who is doing some media relaying for a non-profit organisation who have offered him a £300 budget to get something capable of uploading images and simple browsing and match reports.

1GB RAM, HD minimum 40/50GB and 12"/15" screen is all he is after.

Windows would be advantageous but if he could get something for £250 on Linux then that would be all the better.

tronic;4784695

http://cgi.eb*y.co.uk/FUJITSU-SIEMENS-AMILO-LI-2727-LAPTOP-REFURBISHED_W0QQitemZ360142217335QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_Laptops_EH?hash=item360142217335&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262change the * to a A

Dude! Why is it bill week lol!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. clocks go Back weekend 28 October why not check and clean ur smoke alarm at…65262
    2. US GrandPrix Razzmatazz56
    3. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…56119
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread428314659

See more discussions