Best deals on buying a domain?

10 replies
Found 14th Jul
Hello
I want to purchase a domain. Looks like only .co.uk is available but that's okay.
I saw godaddy have it at 1p+9.99 altogether for 2 years.
Are there any other cheaper companies that are reliable?
Please and thank you in advance.

1. Ask
  2. Domain
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Domain
10 Comments

don't use 1&1. absolute scammers. I repeatedly cancelled an auto-renewal for an unused domain, but they still proceeded and charged me

The key thing is to lock in the price. Take notice of what it jumps up to after the promo price. Find one not so steep and then also but for as long as possible. 3 to 5 years is recommended.

One.com using TopCashback - I get my donuts from there on the basic package which nearly gives it free for first year after tcb (which always pays quick) . Jumps to about £21 the next year but includes domain and hosting

Go daddy. I hate them for reasons I shan't go into. They are constantly the cheapest and least hassle

wayners

Go daddy. I hate them for reasons I shan't go into. They are constantly … Go daddy. I hate them for reasons I shan't go into. They are constantly the cheapest and least hassle

So you have daddy issues you don't like to discuss?

I have used 123-reg in the past with reasonable prices

Ghandi £4 a year consistent prices for 3 years now

I used namecheap and never had any issues. they do have offers sometimes . i always buy whoisguard protection as well.

other you can try vidahost/tso host or heart internet.

justanothercid8 h, 29 m ago

So you have daddy issues you don't like to discuss?

Yo yo pricing drives me nuts and every few years I have to spend time looking for a 40-50% off voucher that works. They were sold but the old owner is a txxx as he shot an elephant on a hunting trip. He don't own godaddy now but it don't sit well with me. Time and again I here on tech podcasts troubles with domain name price hikes and trouble with the backend setup but much as some people hate godaddy, you really can't beat them for domains
Edited by: "wayners" 15th Jul

I would just like to point out that wayners is referring to prices that go up and down constantly and not opening his statement like a badman from ilford
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. word association Game74244857
    2. Missing the old HUKD for sale area.55
    3. 5 Letter Scrabble Game52322810
    4. Leicester sack their manager!33

See more discussions