Groups
    EXPIRED

Best deals to buy new stuff for my new house...

looking for codes or decent discounts from currry's/comet, M&S, ikea to replace the furniture/appliances for our new house when we move?

any amazing deals on fridge/freezers, 37" plasma, washer/dryer, dishwasher

bedroom furniture and a nice table and 4 chairs

5 Comments

Without wanting to put a downer on your purchases to come.

You won't get a good deal on everything on a rush buy like that.

Sure a few things maybe but not all.

I'd start window shopping and making a list/budget.

Plenty of codes in the voucher section.

if your wanting "quick" purcahses on a tight budget id suggest getting 2nd hand stuff

Original Poster

I have about 8 weeks really, so i have a little time on my side.

I was thinking really of cherry picking the deals as they come up. So if a smashing TV came up or a decent smeg (not sure If it will fit)

but just outting feelers out at the moment

but I'm probably best naming everything individually to get the best price!

:thumbsup:

You bring up a good point on fitting.

Make a list, add a estimated budget to it and add dimensions where needed as ordering something that won't fit can be a nightmare.

IMO I would concentrate on the essentials, Fridge, Freezer, Washing machine, Fridge Freezer wise, the Samsung american fridge freezer £499 job, which is 90cm wide, is very good for large capacity value.

I'm a miele washing machine fanboy having only having known miele washing machines and dishwashers, expensive but will last decades unlike other makes.

Sofa's I would visit personally to ensure you get what you want.

2nd hand dining table and chairs isn't a bad idea as you can spend £80 max on this and wait for a good deal/something you really want later.

Banned

If you are buying several items at once, get down to currys/comet etc with price comparisons and speak to the duty manager. Be cheeky and ask for a discount for buying all items at his/her store. At the very least try to get freebies thrown in to the deal. Last time I did this at currys, I found the best price, which they matched (on 2 x a camcorder that both me and my friend were buying), and they threw in a tripod, editing kit, replacement battery and charger and a pack of 5 digital tapes for each of us. Worth a shot.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Win a luxury eight-night break for two in Malaysia with Ushvani Spa and Tra…11
      2. Win a luxury five-star break for two in Paris with Le Bristol Paris and Eur…67
      3. Win a Davosa Ternos Submariner Wristwatch worth £64545
      4. Win a flagship smartphone - the HTC U1134

See more discussions