Groups
    EXPIRED

Best Desktop Deal - Video Editing etc.

Hey guys,

I'm a graduate of Multimedia Technology and my little ol' desktop is all but on it's last legs.

I was wondering if any of you could point me in the direction of a good value deal that is capable of carrying out the tasks I need it to but at the same time be good value for money. I would also hope it would be able last a fair few years (just like my current one - 4 or so I'm upto just now!)

Seemed to have missed out on the Dell XPS i7 deals floating about.

Basically I will be using it everyday, fact. The kind of tasks I'll be making it run is video editing, photo manipulation, animations (both 3d and 2d, so for 3d rendering etc). The XPS i7 looked pretty meaty.

A monitor etc isn't fully necessary however it would be nice (sitting with a little 17" Dell just now).

Was thinking of going portable but to be honest, i would rather have the "workstation" feeling and no doubt wouldn't make use of portability.

Was looking into Macs but they are expensive and I feel i know my way about the software a lot more on PC.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

- Denny x

6 Comments

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]meshcomputers.com/Def…151

[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]£873.45 including delivery

Most elements are customisable too, you may wish to upgrade the graphics card and, possibly, the RAM.

[/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]]Intel® Core™ i7 920 Quad Core Processor (2.66GHz,8MB Cache,4.8GT/s)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    ]Genuine Windows Vista™ Home Premium with Service Pack 1, 64-bit - English[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    ]NZXT HUSH Silent Brushed Aluminium ATX Midi Tower - Black + 550W PSU[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    ]ASUS P6T Deluxe Mainboard - Intel Core™ i7 - ATX - Dual Mode SLI & CrossfireX[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    ]3GB 1333MHz Triple Channel DDR3 SDRAM - (3x1GB)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    ]750GB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive with 32MB Buffer[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    ]Samsung 22x Dual Layer DVD Writer Super Format +R/-R/RW/RAM[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    ]512MB ATi 4670 Graphics accelerator - DVI, DirectX 10.1 PCI Express 2 [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]] 7.1
    ]High Definition onboard sound card - for 8 Channel Cinema sound[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    ]Free Microsoft® Works® 8.5 + Limited Microsoft Office Trial[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    ]Free Cyberlink Video Editing Utility Suite - 7 titles (oem)[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2][COLOR=Black]
    ]1 Year Hardware Warranty - Return to Base Parts and Labour (UK Mainland only)
    [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]]BullGuard Internet Security 8.5 - 90 Day Trial - AntiVirus/Firewall/Backup/Spamfilter
    ]10x USB 2.0 Ports (6 ports at back panel, 4 ports at mid-board) - ASUS P6T Deluxe
    ]1x IEEE1394 Firewire (onboard)
    ]Dual Gigabit LAN, both featuring AI NET2 - ASUS P6T Deluxe [/SIZE][/FONT]

i wouldnt go for I7 they are overkill for what you need.... i do video editing myself and this will be perfect, ]LINK you might want to change the case to the 4th one down in the list, looks a little more professional and change the hardrive to what ever you think you will need...

Also that CPU overclocks A LOT if you change the cooler.. but at stock speeds it will do what ever you throw at it.

PM me if you need any more help.

Original Poster

andythebrave;4127777

[FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]http://www.meshcomputers.com/Default.aspx?PAGE=PRODUCTVIEWPAGE&USG=PRODUCT&ENT=PRODUCT&KEY=464453&APPS=447151[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Verdana][SIZE=2]£873.45 including deliveryMost elements are customisable too, you may wish to upgrade the graphics card and, possibly, the RAM.][/SIZE][/FONT]

[SIZE="3"]Thanks for the help, much appreciated, looks like a good machine but tried to scope similar on Dell and came out with this + a nice looking new monitor for £878.99

Components
    Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 920 (2.66GHz, 8MB cache, 4.8GT/sec)
    Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium SP1 64Bit - English
    1Yr XPS Premium Warranty Support - Priority Call In and Onsite Support
    Microsoft® Works 9 - English
    21.5in S2209W Full HD Widescreen Black UK/Irish (1920 x 1080)
    4096MB (4x1024) 1067MHz DDR3 Tri Channel
    750GB Serial ATA (7200RPM) Hard Drive
    512MB ATI® Radeon® 4850 Graphics card
    16X DVD+/- RW Optical Drive (DVD & CD read and write)
    Dell Multimedia USB Keyboard Black - UK
    Dell Laser Mouse USB (6 buttons scroll) Black

Accessories
    Integrated HDA 7.1 Dolby Digital Audio
    No Speakers (Speakers are required to hear audio from your system)
    19-in-1 Media Card Reader
    [/SIZE]

PB94941;4134207

i wouldnt go for I7 they are overkill for what you need.... i do video … i wouldnt go for I7 they are overkill for what you need.... i do video editing myself and this will be perfect, ]LINK you might want to change the case to the 4th one down in the list, looks a little more professional and change the hardrive to what ever you think you will need... Also that CPU overclocks A LOT if you change the cooler.. but at stock speeds it will do what ever you throw at it.

[SIZE="3"]You think so? I was really looking for something that is gonna last for a good few years, so it might be overkill now, but means I won't need to upgrade as much in future? Need to admit, this old Dell I have has done me well, as I said in the original post think it is still ticking after 4 odd years! Thanks for the help, might drop you a line :thumbsup:

Thanks for the help guys, been having a snoop about for some any other good deals[/SIZE]

Mind to use the 10pc off dell voucher! and 5pc quidco

About the i7 processor, it may be the dog's proverbials but I recall my previous PC lasting for over 9 glorious years (!) and the thing that killed it in the end wasn't the processor lacking power it was all the crud that builds up like limescale until the whole thing froze up once too often and I kicked the darn thing to death. Yes, really. And what was this 9 years ago top ranking processor - an Athlon 500. And I used that PC regularly for manipulating images from my Oly E-500 and never had a complaint.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Deleting chats on Facebook Messenger1011
      2. Virgin Media - what is a good price?616
      3. GAP Insurance Recommendations22
      4. cats and royal canin biscuits1019

See more discussions