Groups
    EXPIRED

Best device to read magazines on?

Hello,

i currently have a epaper ereader which is horrible to read magazines on.

What is the cheapest device i can buy which would be best for reading magazines , it would not really be used for anything else

Thanks

7 Comments

I used a Nook HD+, which has a 1920x1080 9 inch screen.

Magazines and PDF's look great on it.

I'm probably not allowed to mention it, but I'm currently selling one on the For Sale section.

Original Poster

Bobbajob

I used a Nook HD+, which has a 1920x1080 9 inch screen.Magazines and … I used a Nook HD+, which has a 1920x1080 9 inch screen.Magazines and PDF's look great on it.I'm probably not allowed to mention it, but I'm currently selling one on the For Sale section.

Thank you :-)

How does everything display full page and is readable? Or do you have to keep zooming in and out a lot to see text around images?

How is it on the eyes compared to eink

It's like any tablet. It's a backlit screen so if you used it for hours you'd get eyestrain, which you don't get with eink.

I can only compare it to a first gen kindle. So it's much higher resolution and colour.

You basically need as big a screen as possible, with as high a resolution. Even a 10 inch screen won't be as big as a magazine, so you may need to zoom in and pan around a bit.

ipad 4, which has retina display,

PS the IT guy i work with to stop eye strain has changed colours from black writing on white background, to black writing onto a white background.

Paper

allowed

ipad 4, which has retina display, PS the IT guy i work with to stop eye … ipad 4, which has retina display, PS the IT guy i work with to stop eye strain has changed colours from black writing on white background, to black writing onto a white background.

Isn't that the same?

allowed

ipad 4, which has retina display, PS the IT guy i work with to stop eye … ipad 4, which has retina display, PS the IT guy i work with to stop eye strain has changed colours from black writing on white background, to black writing onto a white background.

I agree with retina, it's a lot clearer and you can fit a full a4 page on the screen. 1080p just isn't big enough enough and you have to magnify or crop to use it. A black page with white writing is a lot easier on the eyes and is supposed to lower power consumption on local led backlit displays.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Hifi Speaker cable choice?44
      2. best place for fishing tackle?11
      3. Best supermarket Disaronno?77
      4. Lidl Memory Foam Mattress33

See more discussions