Groups

best diet, pills ect, HELP HELP!!

I am 5.2 1/2 , weighing 9 stone 13, i look like a flump
    i would love to loose 1 and a half stone,
    I have tried slimming world and gained weight
    weight watchers worked well but takes far to long.
    i do exercise, but find it hard with 4 kids and a full time job to stick to any regular routine.
    please let me know if you have tried anything in the past or at present that works,
    i would be very very interested thankyou!!!!

19 Comments

there is no magic diet pill which makes you lose weight otherwise everyone would be taking them and it would be broadcasted(SP) all over the news.

exercise and good diet is the way.

lighter life is fast and instant.

But like any 'quick fix' it doesn't solve any problems. Get yourself along to a GP nutritionist-of course it's going to take a long time to come off- it didn't go on instantly did it? But the longer it takes to come off, the more likely it is to stay off.

Weight loss isn't about getting it off quickly, it's about training your body to the correct way of eating and excercising etc.

I'm not having a go at you-I'm a size 18. I'm just having too much fun to take my own advice-I will when I'm ready. But I am realistic and know it won't drop off.

Original Poster

what are stackers..?? where do u get them and are they dangerous and do they work?
    cheers

bbycake;3616760

what are stackers..?? where do u get them and are they dangerous and do … what are stackers..?? where do u get them and are they dangerous and do they work? cheers

I don't think anyone can help you.

Original Poster

I understand that there is no quick fix and that people are screaming out for a super pill that would melt fat away over night. i want to loose 5-7lb in the first week just so i can fasten my best jeans:)
    like you say the weight didn't come on over night, but as i have not changed what i eat much over the last several years, the 1 stone has creaped on. i was putting it down to middle age spread, but it is really getting me down.
    I do eat well ( haha not that way) fruit and veg 3 meals, the often snack but nothing massive. and not every day. small portions( the same size as my 8 year old )
    please give me some positive help thankyou!!!

Don't go for the diet pills bbycake - you are wasting your money

Exercise where you can - walking to school etc all mounts up. I would also recommend green tea as it surpresses your appetite, doesn't taste nice but does the job.

bbycake;3616811

I understand that there is no quick fix and that people are screaming out … I understand that there is no quick fix and that people are screaming out for a super pill that would melt fat away over night. i want to loose 5-7lb in the first week just so i can fasten my best jeans:)like you say the weight didn't come on over night, but as i have not changed what i eat much over the last several years, the 1 stone has creaped on. i was putting it down to middle age spread, but it is really getting me down. I do eat well ( haha not that way) fruit and veg 3 meals, the often snack but nothing massive. and not every day. small portions( the same size as my 8 year old ) please give me some positive help thankyou!!!

Might be worth a trip to the docs just to rule out anything medical i.e thyroid and such.
    I can completely relate to how you feel I am 5' 5 1/2 and originally I weighed 12 1/2 stone luckily for me slimming world did work and I got down to 9 stone 2, four years later Im slightly less and a size 8. Its easy for people to tell you theres no quick fix and deep down its true but when your down in the dumps and not feeling great about yourself you'll give anything a try.
    Dont give up the right method is out there somewhere, good luck xx

goodness-i feel really frumpy now at 5ft and 10 stone 8 !

I know i am overweight-but can't resisit food ! I love chocolate and cake.............don't often have chips and stuff-but i enjoy eating well................wish there was a quick answer-but i haven't found it if there is-i have no willpower so Weight Watchers failed for me...........if you fnd the answer please let me have it too!

Good luck-you do really well with 4 kids and a full time job.

I lost 2 stone last year following the south beach diet and i still try to eat sticking to the main principles of the diet and i have kept it off by changing little things in my diet, i have 3 meals a day and 2 or 3 snacks a day as well

dont use the pink patches, not only do they not work but they leave an annoying sticky mark and people think they are nicotine patches!!!

Original Poster

curvy_chicka;3616694

lighter life is fast and instant.But like any 'quick fix' it doesn't … lighter life is fast and instant.But like any 'quick fix' it doesn't solve any problems. Get yourself along to a GP nutritionist-of course it's going to take a long time to come off- it didn't go on instantly did it? But the longer it takes to come off, the more likely it is to stay off.Weight loss isn't about getting it off quickly, it's about training your body to the correct way of eating and excercising etc.I'm not having a go at you-I'm a size 18. I'm just having too much fun to take my own advice-I will when I'm ready. But I am realistic and know it won't drop off.

I have been to the doctors, mrspodington, as i thought about thyroid ect, but i must have caught him on a bad day he had no time for at all!!

thankyou for the kindness lucerysmum.

ineedit the southbeach diet, does that work if you are cooking for kids too, as i need something that will fit around them also, the last thing i need is to atart cooking several different meals, after a 12 hour shift.

well done for you loosing that much weight on slimming world, i know what works for one may not always work for another that is one the reasons for asking for suggestion's.

my husband says i look fine but it is all down to how we feel inside and i don't feel GOOd :((
    sorry if i am depressing anyone.

Original Poster

pink patches,,,?? never heard of them but thankyou! i wont even bother looking for them.

Yes i have 3 children and it wasn't too hard to adapt, phase 1 i did eat differently to them but that only lasts 2 weeks so wasn't too bad and then after that we mostly ate the same meat and veg and they had carbs and i didn't
    I reckon you could start at phase 2 though and still lose weight if phase 1 is too restrictive

whats lighter life then?

Original Poster

thankyou indeedit, think i may give it a go and just start at phase 2 was it.
    cheers, very much appriated:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

no problem, bbycake, happy to help if i can

i basically changed white carbs to brown carbs and ate less of them in general and i eat snacks between meals containing protein plus either fruit or veg and swapped sugar for sweetners, the rest was just a case of changing the proportions on my plate really.

good luck if you give it a go x

Tried the pink patches ( laugh all u want lolol) and would have been as well with a bit of elastoplast for all good it did
    I too am looking for the miracle drug and i do know the only way to lose weight is by diet and exercise but i have a bad back and i love to eat so unless i have a gastric band fitted or my jaws wired i guess im stuck like this till i win lottery and can afford lipo

exercise and exercise some more, i lost 3 & a half stones within a month and a half, i used to run 4 hours everyday

Setting myself a goal of 2 stone in 3 month.

Gonna join a gym and walk more often.

Hope to walk/jog around 500mile
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do you use a case on your iPhone?1414
      2. Customs charged too much for a little item!66
      3. Xiaomi redmi note 4 firmware34
      4. Multi fuel stove deals11

See more discussions