Best drawing tablet

Posted 28th Oct
I am looking for a standalone drawing tablet that can be used.

I have seen ones like the ipads with the pensil but wondered if they is any other ones about that are fairly cheap with out having to relay on the a computer
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
What is your budget?
I was just in the same predicament as you. Ending up picking up an iPad 6th gen with a pencil for 225 quid with a 10% off eBay voucher. Well worth it, nothing I've tried in the price range comes close to the ipad.
wacom by far is the best tablet you'll find. it just depends on how frequently/your budget goes in order of what version to buy though. If you're not 100% sure you can buy 2nd hand on Ebay or test them out in some stores (cannot think off the top of my head where you might get a demo)

the wacom cintiq is nice but pricey
iPad Pro with Pencil hands down. Procreate is an amazing app.
Budget would be about max 250 or the less the better
See a few second hand surface pro but not not sure
PichiM28/10/2019 18:49

wacom by far is the best tablet you'll find. it just depends on how …wacom by far is the best tablet you'll find. it just depends on how frequently/your budget goes in order of what version to buy though. If you're not 100% sure you can buy 2nd hand on Ebay or test them out in some stores (cannot think off the top of my head where you might get a demo) the wacom cintiq is nice but pricey

I second your advice
AnitaDick28/10/2019 20:26

iPad Pro with Pencil hands down. Procreate is an amazing app.

I find the combination of your username and the app name funny
bozo00728/10/2019 21:19

I find the combination of your username and the app name funny …I find the combination of your username and the app name funny

Omg
Take a look at Wacom tablets in the Amazon Warehouse section.
As an example the Wacom Intuos (Small) is £54.87 "like new". Or £67.52 for the Bluetooth version.

I use a "small" Wacom tablet for Photoshop, and that is too big. The size of the tablet matters if you want more of less wrist movement as you draw.
More movement might be more realistic, as a comparison to drawing on paper. But might be more tiring.
The drawing area can usually be "mapped", so only a defined section of the touchpad is used.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants