Groups
    EXPIRED

Best drill please

Hi all, hubby wants a decent drill for christmas, the last one he had burnt out after a few turns, we have got solid walls lol, does anyone have suggestions please or have seen any good deals at the moment, i havent got a clue.
    Thanks rep will be left

10 Comments

i would reccomend a dewalt 18V currently in screwfix for 99quid. High quality kit with hammer action so should be suitable for most household uses!

If it`s a solid wall that he`s going to be drilling,look for a good quality sds drill, plenty of choice at b&q

Original Poster

Thankyou will have a look

Something like ]this is good if he doesn't mind the weight i have one and it goes through like butter and can chisel walls aswell

Original Poster

smallkiwi;7277985

If it`s a solid wall that he`s going to be drilling,look for a good … If it`s a solid wall that he`s going to be drilling,look for a good quality sds drill, plenty of choice at b&q

Whats sds ? is that the brand name :?

Original Poster

markvirgo;7277989

Something like ]this is good if he doesn't mind the weight i have one and … Something like ]this is good if he doesn't mind the weight i have one and it goes through like butter and can chisel walls aswell

Thankyou,nice price as well

surfbunny;7278007

Thankyou,nice price as well

sds is the type of drill piece the drill uses. sds bits slot in so do not stick when you drill and can be changed quick. the drill that i linked to is sds and also has a keychuck attachment so normal drill bits can be used also. the £40 price is the same in other shops too.

This bosch package is a great bit of kit. 110volt SDS though so only good if you have a transformer
    screwfix.com/sea…mit

Original Poster

time4usall;7280280

This bosch package is a great bit of kit. 110volt SDS though so only good … This bosch package is a great bit of kit. 110volt SDS though so only good if you have a transformerhttp://www.screwfix.com/search.do;jsessionid=KJNQK4LD23OIGCSTHZOCFEY?_dyncharset=UTF-8&fh_search=Bosch%202kg%20SDS%20Hammer%20110V%20&%20Free%20Drill%20Driver&searchbutton.x=9&searchbutton.y=3&searchbutton=submit

Thankyou will have a look

Banned

the challenge xtreme 900watt sds rotary in argos is only 40 quid , i beat one of these to death for a year renovating my house , not sure if this pack is exactly the same but mine came with sds drills and chisels , as it has a chisel action for really BIG jobs. unless you are a pro expensive toolss are a bit of a waste of money. : )
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tradesmen battery power tools.22
      2. Budget gaming pc with capability of overclock ?23
      3. Flights only Dominican Republic33
      4. Buy back on Euros to £££34

See more discussions