Expired

Best earphones under £60?

1 reply
Found 28th Jun 2010
Hey guys. I used to have Klipsch Image X1's (from Amazon) which really are great earphones. But I've had 3 sets from Amazon all fail on me after 2-3 months of use with the exact same issue - the left earbud loses sound. The noise cancellation was great, music sounded fantastic, they were comfortable in my ear. Even after 2 hours I still don't feel they are there.

Amazon refuse to replace with another set due to the issues (i'm guessing others have been having similar issues with them) and have refunded me. So I am now in need of new earphones (not headphones!!).

Must not be white (I have a black iPhone and hate the "look, I own an ipod/iphone" white earphones look)

Must have good noise cancellation (3 hour daily commute on a busy & noisy bus)

Must have good performance with music with a lot of vocals. I listen to the likes of Snow Patrol, Coldplay, Katie Melua, James Morrison, B.o.B etc etc.

I was looking at the Shure SE102's at about £55 which seem good but wanted some opinions or even advice before spending that much. Many will recommend the Senn CX300's but they are almost identical to the Klipsch ones - they have great sound, cost £15-20, but they seem to have the same issue with the left earbud dying after 2-3 months.

Cheers all :-)

1. Ask
  2. Earphones
1 Comment

The Klipsch Image S4i are very good, and have built in microphone and controlls so perfect for the iphone! Little bit more pricey but i think worth it.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51457
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!11

See more discussions