Best eBay sniping tool?

Posted 19th Jul
Hey All,

I've been using Goofbid for years now but it's failed every snipe for the past 2 months with "unknown error" every time.

Their support hasn't responded to me so it's time to ditch them now.

Can anyone recommend a tool that works well?

Thanks!
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

19 Comments
I don't bid on much, but when I do I use Gixen and it works well.
spruceyb19/07/2020 09:25

I don't bid on much, but when I do I use Gixen and it works well.

Thanks, there seems to be dozens of snipers these days. There were just a couple when I started my Goofbid subscription!

I'll check out Gixen.
I have always used auctionsniper.com & had no problems
Another vote here for gixen. I don't use ebay a lot but it's always been reliable when I have.
spiderbifida19/07/2020 10:45

Another vote here for gixen. I don't use ebay a lot but it's always been …Another vote here for gixen. I don't use ebay a lot but it's always been reliable when I have.

Thanks! Gonna try Gixen for an auction today and see if it works for me.
The_IMF19/07/2020 10:57

Thanks! Gonna try Gixen for an auction today and see if it works for me.

You might have to give Gixen 48 hours notice before the auction end time??
what’s auction sniper?
Toptrumpet19/07/2020 11:13

You might have to give Gixen 48 hours notice before the auction end time??

Really?? That disqualifies Gixen for me then
Mendoza19/07/2020 11:49

what’s auction sniper?

It auto bids for you in the last 2 or 3 seconds so you can set it up and not have to actively load eBay and bid.
The_IMF19/07/2020 11:52

I’m not absolutely sure, but seem to remember a time deadline when I tried previously.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 19th Jul

To be honest, I have no idea what he's talking about. Gixen is free though so there's no harm in trying it.
I like auctionstealer.

It auto bids for you in the last 2 or 3 seconds so you can set it up and …It auto bids for you in the last 2 or 3 seconds so you can set it up and not have to actively load eBay and bid.

Doesn't eBay's autobidder do this kind of thing for you anyway? You set your maximum then it bids the minimum needed for you to win upto that maximum.
fablanta19/07/2020 20:10

Doesn't eBay's autobidder do this kind of thing for you anyway? You set …Doesn't eBay's autobidder do this kind of thing for you anyway? You set your maximum then it bids the minimum needed for you to win upto that maximum.

No, the difference is that nobody knows the maximum price you have bid until the auction is over.
Firebird_3719/07/2020 20:28

No, the difference is that nobody knows the maximum price you have bid …No, the difference is that nobody knows the maximum price you have bid until the auction is over.

But that's not really a difference though, is it? With either method, nobody knows the maximum they will have to pay until the auction ends.
fablanta19/07/2020 20:54

But that's not really a difference though, is it? With either method, …But that's not really a difference though, is it? With either method, nobody knows the maximum they will have to pay until the auction ends.

No, if I bid say £50 for something and someone else is willing to pay about £45, they'll bid £45 and then they may bid a few more ££ until they're top bidder.

If I don't bid, they'll bid £45 and be top bidder until I come in last second and gazump them.
fablanta19/07/2020 20:54

But that's not really a difference though, is it? With either method, …But that's not really a difference though, is it? With either method, nobody knows the maximum they will have to pay until the auction ends.

^
The_IMF Much better than my explanation!
Edited by: "Firebird_37" 19th Jul
The_IMF19/07/2020 20:58

No, if I bid say £50 for something and someone else is willing to pay …No, if I bid say £50 for something and someone else is willing to pay about £45, they'll bid £45 and then they may bid a few more ££ until they're top bidder.If I don't bid, they'll bid £45 and be top bidder until I come in last second and gazump them.

I think that is wrong. If I put in a maximum bid of £50 and the bidding stood at £10 then the top bid (now mine) would go up to £10.50. If you tried to snipe it at the last minute with a bid of £50 then I would win it as my bid had gone in first.
fablanta19/07/2020 20:10

Doesn't eBay's autobidder do this kind of thing for you anyway? You set …Doesn't eBay's autobidder do this kind of thing for you anyway? You set your maximum then it bids the minimum needed for you to win upto that maximum.

I believe what this does is, it waits until the last second, before putting your highest bid.

eg: with eBay top bid, it will immediately put your top bid, should someone be close.

eg: your top bid is £50, and someone else bids £48 with 2 hours left, then it will enter your top bid.

but with a sniper: if your top bid is £50, and someone bids £48 with 2 hours left, it will let them believe their the winning bidder, then with one second left, it will make your £50 bid.

this is just what I believe it does, it may not be true
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants