Best electric toothbrush

Found 17th Dec 2017
Hello guys

could anyone kindly give advice on electric toothbrushes. I have been using my oral B one for a few years however the battery is the most annoying thing, it needs charging weekly. The main feature I want is a long lasting battery life. I was considering the rose gold oral B one. How do the other brands compare in terms of battery?

Thanks and seasons greetings.
Community Updates
AskHealth & Beauty
20 Comments
I had oral B for years but the Philips Sonicare is far superior to the Oral B in my view. However the Philips do break down but they usually send you a new one after a year or two. I had 3 die on me but I take that anytime over the better cleaning power. My dentist is in agreement with me.
Holgmaster30 m ago

I had oral B for years but the Philips Sonicare is far superior to the …I had oral B for years but the Philips Sonicare is far superior to the Oral B in my view. However the Philips do break down but they usually send you a new one after a year or two. I had 3 die on me but I take that anytime over the better cleaning power. My dentist is in agreement with me.

Thanks for your response. How is the battery life on your sonicare?
Oral b but watch out for yo yo prices at the bottom end of the range. The 600 is a bit naff and sometimes it's half price at £25..avoid that one
I personally am new to Electric toothbrushes.
Purchased Oral B Pro 2 2000N for £30 on sale around Black Friday.
Gives great cleaning performance.
Reviews and instructions regarding battery life say 1 full charge lasts 2 weeks.
However, on mine it lasts for only 1 week.

This is probably due to me using it longer than the suggested 2 minutes per use, twice a day.
I think i use it for close to 4 minutes per use, twice a day.

Doesnt help the fact that im having a wisdom tooth removed in January.
When I use it alone on business trips I get two weeks out of it. But remember the diamondcare is coming with a handy travel / usb case. It’s awesome and saved my bacon many times.
Edited by: "Holgmaster" 17th Dec 2017
One thing people forget is the oral b old versions not the new one out this year take between 22 and 26 hours to charge and the lights have to go off. Why spend money on a new one when you just have to charge it once a week false economy really and they are the best ones the Philips ones aren’t as good but each to their own. New oral b ones come with the new battery.
Mrs has the rose gold to replace a 2 year old one. Great would reccomend. Mine is the black version and I'm opening it on Christmas as I can wait for my presents unlike some...
What's the problem with charging it weekly anyway? Its not exactly hard work

You shouldn't let the batteries run low to keep them in good shape,
Edited by: "chocci" 18th Dec 2017
eslick6 h, 53 m ago

One thing people forget is the oral b old versions not the new one out …One thing people forget is the oral b old versions not the new one out this year take between 22 and 26 hours to charge and the lights have to go off. Why spend money on a new one when you just have to charge it once a week false economy really and they are the best ones the Philips ones aren’t as good but each to their own. New oral b ones come with the new battery.

Yes this is exactly what I am doing almost 24 hours to charge is just infuriating!
Dawsy4 h, 29 m ago

Mrs has the rose gold to replace a 2 year old one. Great would reccomend. …Mrs has the rose gold to replace a 2 year old one. Great would reccomend. Mine is the black version and I'm opening it on Christmas as I can wait for my presents unlike some...

Hey how is the battery on the rose gold one? Thanks for your response 😊
Holgmaster7 h, 12 m ago

When I use it alone on business trips I get two weeks out of it. But …When I use it alone on business trips I get two weeks out of it. But remember the diamondcare is coming with a handy travel / usb case. It’s awesome and saved my bacon many times.

I have the diamond care too and really like it. Battery lasts for ages - I charge it once a week and it’s not out of battery when I do. They are on offer for around £80 at the mkment
hakuna_matata1 h, 47 m ago

Yes this is exactly what I am doing almost 24 hours to charge is just …Yes this is exactly what I am doing almost 24 hours to charge is just infuriating!

how, you put it on charge, leave it take it off when you need to brush and put it back on, we have 4 of them on the go its not a real hardship and most will be the same except the new ones. They design hasn't really changed, since they first came out they were originally designed for people to use and just put on charge. we charge our phones more than we charge our toothbrushes
hakuna_matata1 h, 50 m ago

Yes this is exactly what I am doing almost 24 hours to charge is just …Yes this is exactly what I am doing almost 24 hours to charge is just infuriating!

Why infuriating? Its not as though you cant use it for 24 hours.
hakuna_matata4 h, 8 m ago

Hey how is the battery on the rose gold one? Thanks for your response …Hey how is the battery on the rose gold one? Thanks for your response 😊

It's better than the older 2000/4000 series definatley. So would reccomend.
Charging it once in 3 weeks. But this could be because it was not fully charged when we started using it..
Edited by: "Dawsy" 18th Dec 2017
Dawsy18 m ago

It's better than the older 2000/4000 series definatley. So would …It's better than the older 2000/4000 series definatley. So would reccomend.Charging it once in 3 weeks. But this could be because it was not fully charged when we started using it..

Thanks thats a fair amount of time defo sways my opinion
It might be worth getting the cheapest version as a backup while your current one charges, it's something like £6 and you can use rechargeable AA batteries.

I thought mine was ok until I got a Smart four for £35 on Cyber Monday, it so much better at cleaning.
eslick2 h, 51 m ago

how, you put it on charge, leave it take it off when you need to brush and …how, you put it on charge, leave it take it off when you need to brush and put it back on, we have 4 of them on the go its not a real hardship and most will be the same except the new ones. They design hasn't really changed, since they first came out they were originally designed for people to use and just put on charge. we charge our phones more than we charge our toothbrushes

I would recommend doing research on how charging affects battery life, leaving it on charge all the time shortens the battery life considerably.

Prime example - the guy who sits two seats away from me at work, leaves his I-phone plugged in all day - his phone was next to useless after a year, I only charge mine when it's below 20% and it's still going strong after two years, I regularly get 19 hours out of it.

Supposedly charging to 80% extends the battery life - but you can't tell what the charge level is on a electric toothbrush.
hakuna_matata18 m ago

Thanks thats a fair amount of time defo sways my opinion

Yes it IS definitely better.. just a shame they are not easy to replace..
Bigfootpete12 m ago

I would recommend doing research on how charging affects battery life, …I would recommend doing research on how charging affects battery life, leaving it on charge all the time shortens the battery life considerably.Prime example - the guy who sits two seats away from me at work, leaves his I-phone plugged in all day - his phone was next to useless after a year, I only charge mine when it's below 20% and it's still going strong after two years, I regularly get 19 hours out of it.Supposedly charging to 80% extends the battery life - but you can't tell what the charge level is on a electric toothbrush.

Thanka for the iphone tip!
hakuna_matata1 h, 38 m ago

Thanka for the iphone tip!

Same for any rechargeable device. 80/20 rule hugely improves battery life.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions