EXPIRED

best email provider

hotmail is starting to get annoying now. I've had many emails blocked and its asking for a mobile number which I do not want to give. For the emails I have that are not blocked, they ask for security codes every single time I try to sign in!

what email provider is better and less annoying than hotmail?

thanks

Shared Via The HUKD App For Android.

19 Comments

I feel you. Everytime in i have to verify with a security text / email its a load of crap. I have to put up with it tho.

I use Gmail as a secondary. Not as good but its very easy to access.

mail.com is decent.

if u use an app, it shouldnt really block access. if its continuing to ask security questiin then may be its possible that someone is trying to access your mails from elsewhere

Hotmail is known to block access if you refresh the inbox too much from a 3rd party application.

I use hotmail/outlook and don't ever have to do any of that. You have to provide the mobile so it ensures only you access the emails. It's a one off security thing. They are putting these security measures in place and asking you everytime as someone has or is trying to access your account, other than you. Gmail would do the same FYI.

Gmail is decent.

gmail

i find a lot of people now use gmail. i had used yahoo for a while but it became unreliable not delivering messages and not receiving them so i had to switch to gmail as i did not like the look of hotmail.

gmail is fine, not the best but none of them are.

Microsoft has upgraded / renamed their email: outlook.com
There you can link your Hotmail acct and keep contacts etc - while adding a new email address eg. John.Smith@outlook.com
Meat features to name the old and new accts within one interface. And app seems quick and easy.

I almost exclusively use outlook with my Hotmail address - also linking my old Yahoo account to it. It works perfectly and syncs reliably across all my Windows devices (phone, laptop, desktop, works PC) - what you referred to is called two-step verification - as someone else said, you generally only do it the once per device when you first sign in to keep your info safe. May just be a glitch - why not speak to Outlook help desk?

Plus the auto junk mail settings work really well for me. Sorting my emails is no longer the chore it once was. I've had mine set up like this for years now without complaint.
Edited by: "scrumpypaul" 8th Dec 2014

Yahoo is okay when it works which recentlyhas not been very often after a third party cut through an underwater cable.

Hot mail! Thought that was out with the dinasaurs. Gmail for me.

Gmail all the way for me. Been using it for about 8 years and never had a problem with it. I would be interested to know why people have down arrowed it above and what issues users have experienced with it?

Hotmail / Outlook is also a very good for email, unfortunately most of the problems are generally 'user error' but this gets blamed on the software.

ipswich78

Gmail all the way for me. Been using it for about 8 years and never had a … Gmail all the way for me. Been using it for about 8 years and never had a problem with it. I would be interested to know why people have down arrowed it above and what issues users have experienced with it?Hotmail / Outlook is also a very good for email, unfortunately most of the problems are generally 'user error' but this gets blamed on the software.

I thought were talking about email providers, not email software.

Gmail loving their new inbox where it puts mail into categories.
Edited by: "Dizy" 8th Dec 2014

rev6

I thought were talking about email providers, not email software.

Based on the OP comments they are treating them as one and the same.

Gmail. They are constantly adding features and it's easy to set up on nearly every device you could own.

If you want you can keep your hotmail account and just have gmail collect the emails for you.

Try Gmail, I've been using it since beta and I've never had any issues.
You get a single add on the promo tab every no and then, but it handles general spam like a pro.
Edited by: "joedastudd" 8th Dec 2014

Original Poster

thanks for the advice guys I will try out Gmail
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Parcel2go - missing parcel to italy45
    2. Does Tesco call you after a delivery?813
    3. Referbed MACBOOK- thoughts?!22
    4. Which Pond Pump11

See more discussions