Best energy suppliers

Found 5th Mar
I'm currently looking to change my gas and electric supplier from Scottish power as they now want £200 a month. can anyone recommend a cheaper and good supplier that currently have a good deal on .
Tia for any help
Community Updates
Ask
17 Comments
Go on "U Switch " or similar . No one can tell you where the best deal is as it depends on postcode and usage . So nobody can do the research for you , I'm afraid - armed with a recent bill - you'll have to do it yourself ! - takes 10 mins - max .
Edited by: "rogparki" 5th Mar
I recently switched to Bulb, all communications I've had so far are promising, customer service seems good and cheap variable rate. I did get £100 in credit when I signed up, but now the referral value is £50, still better than nothing. PM me if you need a referral code.
Your unit price depends on postcode so no answer on here is accurate

Work out how much gas and elec you use each year in kwh.

Go to uswitch. put in any old email/phone but an accurate postcode

select ALL suppliers, not just the one uswitch can move you to. Look at the UNIT costs per kwh and standing charge against your annual consumption and choose one. Its often worth splitting gas and elec and fixed tariffs are usually more reliable.

BIG BUT. Right now (winter) its expensive to switch so choose no exit fee. Make a diary reminder in the summer to redo the search and you will save money. probably a lot
Whatever u do. Don't go with ovo!
machomansavage32 m ago

Whatever u do. Don't go with ovo!

Why not?
Harry123462 h, 47 m ago

I recently switched to Bulb, all communications I've had so far are …I recently switched to Bulb, all communications I've had so far are promising, customer service seems good and cheap variable rate. I did get £100 in credit when I signed up, but now the referral value is £50, still better than nothing. PM me if you need a referral code.

They've just put their price up, better deals to be had.
My DD with npower has skyrocketed 35% and my usage only gone up slightly
Anybody got an idea of why they are doing this or are they just stupid ?
only eon have put prices up that I know of
Surely there isn't a huge difference in price from suppliers. Just be more efficient.

my gas & electric combined is £70 per month. Which I thought was quite expensive.

I very rarely have heating on, only if grand kids are coming.
mind you it has made a big difference having triple glazing fitted, theres no draughts anymore.

I'm with eon. I had to put DD up to £70 from £67 just last month.
MonkeysUncle22 m ago

Surely there isn't a huge difference in price from suppliers. Just be more …Surely there isn't a huge difference in price from suppliers. Just be more efficient.my gas & electric combined is £70 per month. Which I thought was quite expensive. I very rarely have heating on, only if grand kids are coming. mind you it has made a big difference having triple glazing fitted, theres no draughts anymore.I'm with eon. I had to put DD up to £70 from £67 just last month.

"Surely there isn't a huge difference in price from suppliers" Yes there is! As others have said have a go on uswitch.com and I guess you'll be able to save over £100/yr.
I have been with ovo for 3 years now and no problems to date.
MonkeysUncle5 h, 34 m ago

Surely there isn't a huge difference in price from suppliers. Just be more …Surely there isn't a huge difference in price from suppliers. Just be more efficient.my gas & electric combined is £70 per month. Which I thought was quite expensive. I very rarely have heating on, only if grand kids are coming. mind you it has made a big difference having triple glazing fitted, theres no draughts anymore.I'm with eon. I had to put DD up to £70 from £67 just last month.

I hope you don't stay cold everyday
I'm with Greenstar, they've been alright, only paying £32/month for my gas & electricity, they've got an app you can use to enter your meter readings every so often.
I'm in the same boat as you OP. Scottish Power fixed deal due to end. Their onsite tariffs are terrible, but they actually offer 'hidden' tariffs through cashback sites. Best I could find was the April 19 Supersaver, which isn't much difference to what I was already on. £25 cashback via Quidco for 'switching' with a comparison site.
SOUTHWALES20 h, 17 m ago

I have been with ovo for 3 years now and no problems to date.

Actually you do have a problem. You are over paying. I used to like Ovo. In fact I was one of their early customers. But when your cheapo supplier has their name on the side of an F1 car, even the bottom team, you know they are taking the P. Compare your unit prices. YOU ARE OVER PAYING
Don't go with together energy. Customer service is zero. No bills. Just take my money and that's it
They get discounts when switching lots of people. make sure you sign up for the e-mail.
You get good info as well.
moneysavingexpert.com/che…lub
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants