Best entry level dj equipment

Posted 9th Jun 2020
Hi, after watching numerous lockdown dj sets and having a love of music I've been looking at getting a dj controller set up. But to be honest I'm not clued up to what's a good controller to look out for, if someone could point me in the right direction to some equipment at a reasonable price that would be great. 🤙
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
Hey, you need to go pioneer route and rekordbox, it’s pretty much industry standard. They do some cheap controllers that include the rekordbox software (well the basic version is just free & that’s all you need to start with) loads of tutorials on YouTube for rekordbox, learn how to edit start points, loops, etc. This thing is cheap djsuperstore.com/pio…BwE you’ll need a pc or Mac that is compatible.. you should invest in a hard drive to store and organise your music, iTunes (now just Apple Music I think ) is good for organising your music/ playlists, keep to mp3s above 320 quality if you have to use mp3s, .Wav is always better sounding as a format but lots of people just use mp3s. Loads of stuff online. Main thing is music and taste at the end of the day. Don’t do what everyone else is doing .
With rekordbox is that a database of music or just tools to create better mixes?
Johngater09/06/2020 18:39

With rekordbox is that a database of music or just tools to create better …With rekordbox is that a database of music or just tools to create better mixes?

Both
It stores your music and helps you segregate it and also has analysis software to help you make better mixes based on the tracks key note or sort out cue points, loops etc.

The ddj200 is very very basic setup.

Also mixing tracks isn't just a simple press of a button. Knowing track structure, how to beat match (without sync button) is basic and yet most beginners don't understand this...
my first decks were Numark
I stand by numark.
I recently bought a mixtrack platinum, great bit of kit
Jay9110/06/2020 03:23

I stand by numark.I recently bought a mixtrack platinum, great bit of kit

Which numark do you recommend?
To be honest, I used to dj quite a few years back (with turntables) and most of my kit was all Numark.

Most recently, to reconcile my passion for djing and music, I reluctantly invested into new gen equipment (console). As I had such a great experience with Numark back in the days, I decided to purchase a Numark dj console. The one I purchased is the Numark Mixtrack Platinum. I also purchased a year of Serato to use alongside it.

It took me a while to get used to it, but now its so easy to use. Its a great piece of kit, though saying that I have never used any other dj consoles.

I went for this particular model because it had a integrated soundcard. This allows me to connect from console directly to a set of speakers and another line to my headphones, each operating independently.
Post a comment
@
    Text