Groups

Best exchange rate on the high street

Hi,

Getting married abroad later this week and need to transfer approx £5000 into euros. As I've left it too late and don't want anything to dog wrong id prefer to do something face to face so what's he best place on the high street to do a currency exchange? The comparison tools I've found only seem to deal with online places.

Thanks dan

17 Comments

Banned

travelex

each time & everytime

Pick it up at the airport or get it delivered to your home
    Edited by: "YouDontWantToKnow" 24th Jan 2016

Banned

unless you do £2500 & your partner does £2500 at the post office

their limit is £2500 which leaves you about £25 up

I use compareholidaymoney.com and Debenhams come up best rate most of the time ☺

YouDontWantToKnow

travelex each time & everytimePick it up at the airport or get it … travelex each time & everytimePick it up at the airport or get it delivered to your home

Is this a special advance pickup rate, they are like a wonga of fx

Post Office.

Never go travelex etc. Best place is bestforeigexchange.com they will beat any price in the uk and I've used them for years

Debenhams was a better rate for me
    There's a couple of comparison websites and I got a free coffee voucher for two from them too

I did had exchange at kanoo money changer before, i do offer the better rate compare to high street

Tesco and they will price match

ashopaholic123

Tesco and they will price match

asda will price match as well

Banned

also most of the ones mentioned above have a max exchange of £2500

Travelex in advance have pretty good rates. If you are in Central London Thomas Exchange are very good.

Forget high street. I have saved tons with Transferwise. Also £10 cashback from TCB.

All the best for for your marriage
    Edited by: "bftb" 25th Jan 2016

whatyadoinsucka

Is this a special advance pickup rate, they are like a wonga of fx

Ye you get a proper rate if you order in advance

Best exchange rate on the high street?

Bottom of Linthorpe Road, near Ladbrokes, I got a G for a tenner. Would have cost me £20 in the town centre.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game73844458
      2. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?714
      3. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value610
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767191

See more discussions