Groups

Best excuse I've heard...!

I was reading the news and came across this story. The Hotel was fined £7,000 because the chef was dyslexic and "couldn't read the use-by dates". So he couldn't tell that food was mouldy and had gone off and there were flies in the kitchen... Link in first post!

7 Comments

Original Poster

LOL. I must admit that I am like that with numbers too. I usually read out numbers differently than I see them on paper.

BTW He will only pay £67.50 and £8.07

Husband and wife managers Lance and Vanessa Thomas admitted eight food … Husband and wife managers Lance and Vanessa Thomas admitted eight food hygiene failures and were fined £6,750 and told to pay £807 investigation costs.

Edited by: "Predikuesi" 29th Jan 2011

Original Poster

Predikuesi

LOL. I must admit that I am like that with numbers too. I usually read … LOL. I must admit that I am like that with numbers too. I usually read out numbers differently than I see them on paper. BTW He will only pay £67.50 and £8.07

Why will they only pay that amount?! Really? Or am I missing a joke?!

The chef obviously cannot see or smell the food lol.

Now its not hard is it even if he cant read the dates, work out it smells off and has mold on it! Should have got fined at least double and sent back to school, He cant of been that dyslexic or how would he have filled in the order forms to get the food.

midjet666

Why will they only pay that amount?! Really? Or am I missing a joke?!

He's dyslexic and can't read numbers right
    Edited by: "Predikuesi" 29th Jan 2011

Original Poster

Predikuesi

He's dyslexic and can't read numbers right

It's too early for my brain to work pmsl

Dyslexia isn't a problem with numbers, It's dyscalculia
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Heads-Up / Reminder - How to avoid using PayPal's own conversion rates :{33
      2. Walker crisps67
      3. Fakespot.com Amazon fake review detector.812
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767536

See more discussions