Found 14th May 2009
getting rid of my old baby bump! I have 2 kids (youngest is 2) and really want to shift the excess skin from my tummy.... I want it to be tight again! I'm going on holiday in 8 weeks and want to feel comfy in a bikini, what exercise/routine am I best doing to tone it up a bit please? or is it there forever?? lol

1. Misc
  2. Exercise
34 Comments

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5207519

sex:thumbsup:.

thats what caused the excess skin in the first place lol:-D

steep incline walks on treadmill - 45 mins 4 times a week

sit ups, sit ups, sit ups :thumbsup::thumbsup:

*note to self - practice what you preach*

drink lots of water

starsparkle2311;5207519

sex:thumbsup:.

+1 but has to be Doggie style ;-)

kirsty1981;5207533

thats what caused the excess skin in the first place lol:-D

Have some Rep 4 that answer, quality lol :thumbsup:

i have a 1 year old and have exactly the same problem so i do understand what ur going thru... i have recently tried the slendertone flex belt. i was a bit weary of it at start but it actually does work... i feel my tummy has gone in a bit.... obviously not totally flat yet,,,

Original Poster

thomasc123;5207537

steep incline walks on treadmill - 45 mins 4 times a week

will that get it? I have a treadmill but have just been jogging on it, hadn't thought to use the incline :roll: I'll start that 2moro. thanks

michelleleemoo;5207541

sit ups, sit ups, sit ups :thumbsup::thumbsup:

tried sit ups but I'm poo at them lol:-D

Original Poster

momofone;5207573

i have a 1 year old and have exactly the same problem so i do understand … i have a 1 year old and have exactly the same problem so i do understand what ur going thru... i have recently tried the slendertone flex belt. i was a bit weary of it at start but it actually does work... i feel my tummy has gone in a bit.... obviously not totally flat yet,,,

yes I have been using that too and it has shrunk my love handles but doesn't seem to have an effect on my tum, how long have you been using yours?

Original Poster

starsparkle2311;5207571

lol:pyeh, they work, I tried them once, managed about 6 lmao:w00t:

you beat me lol, I'm wobbling and shaking on number 4!:w00t:

kirsty1981;5207577

will that get it? I have a treadmill but have just been jogging on it, … will that get it? I have a treadmill but have just been jogging on it, hadn't thought to use the incline :roll: I'll start that 2moro. thankstried sit ups but I'm poo at them lol:-D

yeah as steep as you can go and for 45 mins... if u run u just sweat, you need to burn "fat"...
iv been doing it recently as im going away soon, need to get the six pack back...

oh yes and lots of sit ups...

tried sit ups but I'm poo at them lol:-D[/QUOTE]

you might be poo at them but persevere, they work and the more you keep them up the quicker you will see the results and get a boost :thumbsup:

starsparkle - keep doing the 6, just do them 10 times a day!

Banned

Healthy eating and cardio will shift the weight although you can't target particular areas.

Chuck in some light weight training to tone up and you should manage a stone in 8 weeks.

abroller.com/ima…jpg

try getting one of these, only about 15 quid... they can help if you find it hard

Banned

thomasc123;5207610

yeah as steep as you can go and for 45 mins... if u run u just sweat, you … yeah as steep as you can go and for 45 mins... if u run u just sweat, you need to burn "fat"...iv been doing it recently as im going away soon, need to get the six pack back...oh yes and lots of sit ups...

So if you sweat, you don't burn fat?

FilthAndFurry;5207676

So if you sweat, you don't burn fat?

course you do but the harder you work the more you burn, going steep is much harder than flat but you cant run up a mountain !!

Original Poster

thomasc123;5207543

drink lots of water

water is all I drink.... apart from a couple of smirnoffs on the weekend lol I drink about a litre and a half a day

big-boy;5207561

lol

magough;5207566

Have some Rep 4 that answer, quality lol :thumbsup:

lol, ta

thomasc123;5207610

yeah as steep as you can go and for 45 mins... if u run u just sweat, you … yeah as steep as you can go and for 45 mins... if u run u just sweat, you need to burn "fat"...iv been doing it recently as im going away soon, need to get the six pack back...oh yes and lots of sit ups...

ta, think I'll get on the treadmill when my son has a nap in a bit

michelleleemoo;5207615

tried sit ups but I'm poo at them lol:-D

you might be poo at them but persevere, they work and the more you keep them up the quicker you will see the results and get a boost :thumbsup:

starsparkle - keep doing the 6, just do them 10 times a day! [/QUOTE]

how many sit ups shouls I be trying to do a day?

FilthAndFurry;5207621

Healthy eating and cardio will shift the weight although you can't target … Healthy eating and cardio will shift the weight although you can't target particular areas. Chuck in some light weight training to tone up and you should manage a stone in 8 weeks.

I do try to eat healthy most of the time, and only drink water... I'm down to 9st 3 now but I just feel so flabby! need to be put on a boil wash to shrink my skin!

are you talking stretch marks here? sit ups can not tighten stretched skin, best bet is to lose weight and see if the skin tightens up, best way to lose weight...run.

thomasc123;5207610

lol walkin vs running for losing weight is NO comparison, running beats it hands down , also the best thing for a six pack is deadlifts, squats cardio and diet, sit ups are rubbish.

Original Poster

kungfu;5207693

are you talking stretch marks here? sit ups can not tighten stretched … are you talking stretch marks here? sit ups can not tighten stretched skin, best bet is to lose weight and see if the skin tightens up, best way to lose weight...run.

no not stretch marks, just saggy skin ( sounds attractive!) where my pregnancy bumps were!:oops:

kungfu;5207693

are you talking stretch marks here? sit ups can not tighten stretched … are you talking stretch marks here? sit ups can not tighten stretched skin, best bet is to lose weight and see if the skin tightens up, best way to lose weight...run.lol walkin vs running for losing weight is NO comparison, running beats it hands down , also the best thing for a six pack is deadlifts, squats cardio and diet, sit ups are rubbish.

are you for real, im talking about walking on a steep, you cant run doing that... i bet your like a size 16 or sum sh*t..

how many sit ups shouls I be trying to do a day?

I do try to eat healthy most of the time, and only drink water... I'm down to 9st 3 now but I just feel so flabby! need to be put on a boil wash to shrink my skin![/QUOTE]

do them in sets of 10 or 5 to start with, as they wont take long you might find yrself doing 3 sets each day, they all add up and yr more likely to do them that way rather than thinking i'll do 30 before bed for example. Just fit them in whenever you can, and increase when yr ready, they will contribute but carry on eating healthily and do some cardio as well, if you put the effort in you will see the results, good luck :thumbsup:

oh and to really get them abs solid... try what we do at martial arts class...find a partner get him to punch you in the abs getting consistently harder for 1 min, 2 min rest, then front kicks to the abs for 1 min. You should be puking by the end if done correctly :thumbsup:

thomasc123;5207759

are you for real, im talking about walking on a steep, you cant run doing … are you for real, im talking about walking on a steep, you cant run doing that... i bet your like a size 16 or sum sh*t..

whats with the attitude? some disagree with you? shame. i train people 3 times a week bro

yeh my avvy looks a size 16 doesnt it

Banned

thomasc123;5207759

are you for real, im talking about walking on a steep, you cant run doing … are you for real, im talking about walking on a steep, you cant run doing that... i bet your like a size 16 or sum sh*t..

Why on a steep? A slight incline whilst jogging is fine.

As far as sit ups go, focus on form and do them slowly so you're really working them. Also, you should be drinking at least 2 litres of water a day and eating every 2-3 hours.

I stay clear of carbs after 3pm. Deadlifts are good but if you've never done them before you'll probably need a personal trainer. They're great for core strength but you will ache if you've never done them before.

dont eat in the evening beofre bed either

Banned

Cardiovascular fitness (couple of miles on a treadmill) everyday and a few sit ups.

Original Poster

FilthAndFurry;5207941

Why on a steep? A slight incline whilst jogging is fine.As far as sit ups … Why on a steep? A slight incline whilst jogging is fine.As far as sit ups go, focus on form and do them slowly so you're really working them. Also, you should be drinking at least 2 litres of water a day and eating every 2-3 hours.I stay clear of carbs after 3pm. Deadlifts are good but if you've never done them before you'll probably need a personal trainer. They're great for core strength but you will ache if you've never done them before.

what are deadlifts? lol I have a multigym in the garage and dont know how to use half the things on it.... but it looks good lol!
I'll drink more water too

thomasc123;5207954

dont eat in the evening beofre bed either

ta

davidhurn;5207967

Cardiovascular fitness (couple of miles on a treadmill) everyday and a … Cardiovascular fitness (couple of miles on a treadmill) everyday and a few sit ups.

ta, now going to sneak off to the garage!

FilthAndFurry;5207621

Healthy eating and cardio will shift the weight although you can't target … Healthy eating and cardio will shift the weight although you can't target particular areas. Chuck in some light weight training to tone up and you should manage a stone in 8 weeks.

oh will you come and train me I would love to lose a stone in 8 weeks, any tips

lotsofbargains;5208075

oh will you come and train me I would love to lose a stone in 8 weeks, … oh will you come and train me I would love to lose a stone in 8 weeks, any tips

ive put up a foolproof plan many times that ive helped people lose weight with.. it aint rocket science its purely about willpower.. eat just under your recomended calorie intake per day.. and run for 45 min 3-4 times a week. its that simple. the weight will drop off if your not cheating yourself.

kungfu;5208119

ive put up a foolproof plan many times that ive helped people lose weight … ive put up a foolproof plan many times that ive helped people lose weight with.. it aint rocket science its purely about willpower.. eat just under your recomended calorie intake per day.. and run for 45 min 3-4 times a week. its that simple. the weight will drop off if your not cheating yourself.

Do you have a link to the plan and would cycling do the same as running, thanks

lotsofbargains;5208158

Do you have a link to the plan and would cycling do the same as running, … Do you have a link to the plan and would cycling do the same as running, thanks

lol that WAS the plan!!! above, its that simple, theres absolutely no need to complicate it.. you choose what you eat, just have to count calories. and run to lose the fat. and no cycling is by far too easy to cheat on imo

also for more info find the gym thread blackgerbil1 made, theres a lot of good advice in there from all us hukd fitness freaks

oh lol
Just need to get my willpower sorted, running 3 times a week seems ok, might have to put some extra effort in ready for hols, it sounds so easy but yes ur right you just need the willpower.

lotsofbargains;5208241

oh lolJust need to get my willpower sorted, running 3 times a week seems … oh lolJust need to get my willpower sorted, running 3 times a week seems ok, might have to put some extra effort in ready for hols, it sounds so easy but yes ur right you just need the willpower.

the key to it is consistency :thumbsup:

Banned

Try hula hoop on the wii fit board, man that kills

big-boy;5207561

What's wrong with a 69? :w00t:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Win a £100 Amazon Voucher From LoveMyVouchers22
    2. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition60626
    3. Magazine competitions - Issue 41 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1717
    4. daily mail comp - win a trip to queensland - comp closes 8th november, 201777

See more discussions