Best exterior masonry paint

Posted 11th Mar
Hi All. Looking to get the exterior of my house painted white. Had my mind on 2 different paints -

Dulux Weathershield Pure brilliant white Textured Matt Masonry paint
&
SANDTEX FINE TEXTURED MASONRY PAINT PURE BRILLIANT WHITE 10LTR

If anyone has experience of using any of the above, please can you let me know which is the superior in terms of longevity and finish.

Thanks in advance.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

6 Comments
Would consider stormshield as well. Dont think you'd go wrong with either mentioned though.
I painted my house with Sandtex about 4 years ago and it hasn't lasted at all well, I'm really disappointed with it considering the effort I put into it.
It looked great when it was done but that didn't last long, it soon started looking dull and began to attract mould and mildew and now it just looks drab and weathered.
My neighbour painted his side with some cheaper paint several years before me yet his side looks better than mine!
I've used Sandtex before and not had this issue so they must have reformulated it, but I certainly won't be using it again.
Edited by: "Delbert.Grady" 11th Mar
Sandtex , painted my outside lasted years
Edited by: "ashmac" 11th Mar
Zinsser is supposed be really good
Delbert.Grady11/03/2020 08:14

I painted my house with Sandtex about 4 years ago and it hasn't lasted at …I painted my house with Sandtex about 4 years ago and it hasn't lasted at all well, I'm really disappointed with it considering the effort I put into it. It looked great when it was done but that didn't last long, it soon started looking dull and began to attract mould and mildew and now it just looks drab and weathered. My neighbour painted his side with some cheaper paint several years before me yet his side looks better than mine!I've used Sandtex before and not had this issue so they must have reformulated it, but I certainly won't be using it again.

I agree, doesn't seem to last nearly as well.
What's wrong with Leyland Truguard or Johnstones Stormshield?

Imo it doesn't stay clean and shiny for the time it says on the tin anyway. Unfortunately we have rubbish weather crossed with people blasting their central heating which means moss will grow on the exterior of a building.
If you want as much longevity as possible don't go for white lol.

I'd go for dulux out the two but would buy leyland or johnstones myself.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants