Groups

Best External DVD Drive for burning dual layers?

My Laptop gets a fail now and agian when burning DL disc's.
    Im looking for a reliable external, been looking at these two LG ones from Play.com what you guys think? And what is the difference between the two?
    Thanks

play.com/PC/…tml

OR

play.com/PC/…b=0

11 Comments

Banned

only difference is lightscribe

Original Poster

csiman

only difference is lightscribe

What is that exactly?:|

Banned

nutta

What is that exactly?:|

read the description! oO

I've got this one. Not had a coaster yet (360/DVD)

Samsung SE-S084C

Original Poster

deek72

I've got this one. Not had a coaster yet (360/DVD)[url=Samsung … I've got this one. Not had a coaster yet (360/DVD)[url=Samsung SE-S084C]Samsung SE-S084C[/url]

Thanks mate might go for this.

nutta

Thanks mate might go for this.

You're welcome. I would like to add that it also burns Aone discs with no problems (far cheaper than Verbatims).

Banned

deek72

I've got this one. Not had a coaster yet (360/DVD)[url=Samsung … I've got this one. Not had a coaster yet (360/DVD)[url=Samsung SE-S084C]Samsung SE-S084C[/url]

looks nice but how slow is that! 8x max!!

Original Poster

deek72

You're welcome. I would like to add that it also burns Aone discs with no … You're welcome. I would like to add that it also burns Aone discs with no problems (far cheaper than Verbatims).

Cool this is £29.95 at Zavvi. I have been using Verb's and still getting fails with my Laptop Drive maybe 3 fails in 10!

I did spot this drive but overlooked it as i had read slim drives & USB (not plug in) are not the best drives to get?

Edited by: "nutta" 10th Nov 2010

nutta

Cool this is £29.95 at Zavvi. I have been using Verb's and still getting … Cool this is £29.95 at Zavvi. I have been using Verb's and still getting fails with my Laptop Drive maybe 3 fails in 10! I did spot this drive but overlooked it as i had read slim drives & USB (not plug in) are not the best drives to get?

Can only repeat what I said mate. My laptop has a (notoriously) crap matshita drive which struggles to burn anything. The Sammy burns 100%, slim/USBor otherwise. Good reviews everywhere for it.
    BTW, I'm sure it's gone up £3 from Amazon since I posted it!

csiman

looks nice but how slow is that! 8x max!!

8x is plenty. It's recommended to burn 360 games at as slow a speed as possible to minimize the risk of errors anyway.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764532
      2. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …204559
      3. Samsung Galaxy S611
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread416414114

See more discussions