Best External HDD Caddy?

Posted 31st Oct
Any recommendations to one on Amazon please?

Needs to be for a 2.5 drive, USB 3.0.
Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

10 Comments
Definition of "best" on a deal site is presumably cheapest? Only one in stock at £3.95 FBA at time of this post, in pretty pink amazon.co.uk/put…C5/
I like ugreen stuff from amazon but you pay extra for them. Orico are ok for a cheaper make. Depending on what you're doing you may also need a usb Y cable.
m1keyp1key01/11/2019 10:15

I like ugreen stuff from amazon but you pay extra for them. Orico are ok …I like ugreen stuff from amazon but you pay extra for them. Orico are ok for a cheaper make. Depending on what you're doing you may also need a usb Y cable.

I think a lot of the caddy's come with cables.
I was looking at an Orico one for £6.99 and a ugreen one for £10.
Maybe spending a bit more for ugreen would be best?
superfreddy01/11/2019 10:19

I think a lot of the caddy's come with cables. I was looking at an Orico …I think a lot of the caddy's come with cables. I was looking at an Orico one for £6.99 and a ugreen one for £10.Maybe spending a bit more for ugreen would be best?

They wont come with Y cables, they will come with a basic usb3 cable. A Y cable splits power and data so it's 1 cable from the usb drive to 2 cables into say for example a pi3.
m1keyp1key01/11/2019 10:25

They wont come with Y cables, they will come with a basic usb3 cable. A Y …They wont come with Y cables, they will come with a basic usb3 cable. A Y cable splits power and data so it's 1 cable from the usb drive to 2 cables into say for example a pi3.

amazon.co.uk/UGR…Q==

That comes with a cable which is power and data, much like another drive I have now.
m1keyp1key01/11/2019 10:25

They wont come with Y cables, they will come with a basic usb3 cable. A Y …They wont come with Y cables, they will come with a basic usb3 cable. A Y cable splits power and data so it's 1 cable from the usb drive to 2 cables into say for example a pi3.

I used to have this too and it powered and had data transmission over one USB cable

amazon.co.uk/Ina…-16
Depending on the drive you use /hardware it's being plugged into if you use a single cable rather than a Y cable then it will cut out. For example i've an orico on a pi3b+ and it's underpowered and wont work. I have to use a Y cable.
m1keyp1key01/11/2019 11:26

Depending on the drive you use /hardware it's being plugged into if you …Depending on the drive you use /hardware it's being plugged into if you use a single cable rather than a Y cable then it will cut out. For example i've an orico on a pi3b+ and it's underpowered and wont work. I have to use a Y cable.

I'd be using it on a laptop or a games console.
m1keyp1key01/11/2019 10:15

...Depending on what you're doing you may also need a usb Y cable.

No requirement for a Y cable if using USB3.

superfreddy01/11/2019 10:19

I think a lot of the caddy's come with cables. I was looking at an Orico …I think a lot of the caddy's come with cables. I was looking at an Orico one for £6.99 and a ugreen one for £10.Maybe spending a bit more for ugreen would be best?

Not aware of any retail caddy that would not be supplied with suitable cable.
Inatek on Amazon
Ive got 5 of em,excellent kit
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants