Groups

Best FireFox Add-Ons??

Ive just started to use Firefox which is great. Just wondering what anyone would reccomend, add-on's wise?

Thanks for any suggestions.

15 Comments

Adblock Plus

Admin

I use reminderfox amongst others, really handy.

pterodactyl - spelling might be a little off.

Colorful tabs. Fox Clocks. Split Browser And if you use gmail or yahoo mail there are add ons for both which will alert you as new mails arrive.

supermod

Adblock Plus
    BetterPrivacy
    CustomizeGoogle
    NoScript
    Print / Print Preview
    British English Dictionary

The essential one is Adblock Plus, which blocks lots of adverts. I also use IE Tab, which allows you to press a button and the page loads as an internet explorer page (within firefox). That's useful as not all websites display properly in firefox, especially here in Korea. British English Dictionary, checks your spelling on anything you write. Downloadhelper, downloads any videos or mp3s that are streaming on the net, so you can download youtube videos or whatever to your hard drive.

Adblock Plus, Download Statusbar, GMail Manager, TACO (Targeted Advertising Cookie Opt-Out), Firebug, Web Developer Toolbar and Xmarks are my weapons of choice.

Xmarks is probably the best, means I can take my bookmarks etc. wherever I go.

EDIT: Oh and the British English Dictionary is a MUST! :thumbsup: Also check out personas

NoScript

Doesn't allow any nasty little surprises run on websites you may visit.

New Tab homepage

Opens homepage in a new tab, could also be worth sticking the new tab button in the navigation bar.

coffeetime to open up your daily websites

Original Poster

Brilliant, Thanks everyone!!!!.

user switch agent

Autopager is a must. :thumbsup:

addons.mozilla.org/en-…925

AutoPager automatically loads next pages when you reach the end of a page. It works on a ton of sites,Google,Yahoo..
    It works well with most other add-ons adblock plus, WOT and most of the greasemonkey scripts.
    Add AutoPager Refinements since 0.5.2.2

Handy for HUKD.

Rotate image

Useful when people stick pictures on facebook all wonky and they need to be rotated.

esq3585;6513713

Autopager is a must. … Autopager is a must. :thumbsup:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4925AutoPager automatically loads next pages when you reach the end of a page. It works on a ton of sites,Google,Yahoo..It works well with most other add-ons adblock plus, WOT and most of the greasemonkey scripts.Add AutoPager Refinements since 0.5.2.2Handy for HUKD.

best one for me too

followed by xmarks

As mentioned above, Xmarks is ace for work and home
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …281977
      2. Surprise the Miles136 summer burning caribou comp12
      3. What is there free to do in your town?37
      4. Labour MP Naz Shah retweeted calling for abused white girls to shut their m…1635

See more discussions