Best fitness tracker for running

Found 8th May
I've recently taken up running again and would like to keep a track of my runs (distance, time etc). I'm not up to speed on these wearable fitness trackers so thought I'd ask for help.I usually run a 5k and want something simple and straightforward to tell me how far I've ran and an accurate time. I'm not so bothered about heart rate etc
I don't want to use an app on my phone as it's too bulky to run with. Something watch size to wear on my wrist would be perfect and nothing too high tech lol. Suggestions/deals greatly appreciated.
Community Updates
5 Comments
Do you run with your phone? Probably just download something like Strava which tracks your run, breaks down each kilometre time and monitors your times and let's you know if you're improving.
walrus418 m ago

Do you run with your phone? Probably just download something like Strava …Do you run with your phone? Probably just download something like Strava which tracks your run, breaks down each kilometre time and monitors your times and let's you know if you're improving.

No I don't run with my phone. I would rather have a 'watch' style fitness tracker. Maybe something like a Garmin 30/35 - it's just there's soo many types of tracker I'm not sure what to go for. Something with reliable GPS that I can 'view' my route later at home etc.
I have used lots of these and my preferred option was the Garmin 35. I found that it works as a basic smartwatch with notifications etc. I'm a very casual runner (the odd weekly 5k), and find the watch very intuitive to use. One thing I noticed that Garmin seem better at than others I have tried (Apple Watch, Fitbit, and Amazefit) is that it locks onto GPS very quickly. So, I click to go for a run and by the time I am at the front door it has locked onto GPS and is ready. Sometimes with the Apple Watch I had to run about half a mile before it locked on, the Amazefit was worse.

Also, I like the Garmin phone app as it's easy to use and I like the way it displays data.
I've just purchased a Garmin 35 from Amazon, so far I'm impressed, it as loads of functions like Bluetooth, Heart rate monitor, step counter, text / email alerts and even a find my phone function.
daletharper21 h, 25 m ago

I've just purchased a Garmin 35 from Amazon, so far I'm impressed, it as …I've just purchased a Garmin 35 from Amazon, so far I'm impressed, it as loads of functions like Bluetooth, Heart rate monitor, step counter, text / email alerts and even a find my phone function.

It's either that or the Garmin 30. Strangely enough, on Which? The Garmin 30 got the higher rating than the 35.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants