Best flat white coffee machine that's affordable

Found 30th Nov 2017
Can anyone recommend a good flat white coffee machine, that's affordable?
Pref a bean to cup

Thanks in advance!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
12 Comments

What's a flat white coffee?
Is it a black coffee with milk in it that we used to have back in the day?

By flat white do you mean an Americano?

A 'bean to cup machine' will make espresso, add a bit more hot water and milk and you have an Americano

Original Poster

It's an espresso based coffee so I think I need a bean to cup?, an affordable one at that! I love my coffee but just have no clue on machines

you won't need a bean to cup. All you need is a simple espresso coffee machine with a steam wand. Draw your espresso and then use the steam to froth up the milk so that it is not fluffy like cappucino milk. It has to be more of a smoother, velvety texture and then pour that onto the espresso. Simple!

Original Poster

brettytopbanana2 h, 59 m ago

you won't need a bean to cup. All you need is a simple espresso coffee …you won't need a bean to cup. All you need is a simple espresso coffee machine with a steam wand. Draw your espresso and then use the steam to froth up the milk so that it is not fluffy like cappucino milk. It has to be more of a smoother, velvety texture and then pour that onto the espresso. Simple!

Amazing! Thank you! That's really helped

paulj4812 h, 14 m ago

By flat white do you mean an Americano? A 'bean to cup machine' will make …By flat white do you mean an Americano? A 'bean to cup machine' will make espresso, add a bit more hot water and milk and you have an Americano

No the op means a flat white not an Americano

jojo_869 h, 58 m ago

Amazing! Thank you! That's really helped

If it helps any more - This is the one I have got delonghi.com/en-…117

I have had it for 3 years, it has been fantastic and is really easy to use. Of course, that is over £200 and I am not advising you to spend that much but it is this kind of thing that you need. I have seen them in Tescos for around £100 but I would advise you to try and stay away from the pod machines (I have one of these as well). They are good and serve a purpose for those who want decent tasting coffee with little fuss but that is about as much as they offer. Yes, they offer a range of pods but with an espresso machine it gives you the possibility to make a wide range of espresso based coffees and you can even start grinding your own beans. You can choose from a number of different coffee suppliers by ordering online plus the experience is a lot better!

Hope that helps!

Original Poster

brettytopbanana13 h, 19 m ago

If it helps any more - This is the one I have got …If it helps any more - This is the one I have got http://www.delonghi.com/en-gb/products/coffee/coffee-makers/pump-espresso/icona-vintage-ecov-311bg-0132106117 I have had it for 3 years, it has been fantastic and is really easy to use. Of course, that is over £200 and I am not advising you to spend that much but it is this kind of thing that you need. I have seen them in Tescos for around £100 but I would advise you to try and stay away from the pod machines (I have one of these as well). They are good and serve a purpose for those who want decent tasting coffee with little fuss but that is about as much as they offer. Yes, they offer a range of pods but with an espresso machine it gives you the possibility to make a wide range of espresso based coffees and you can even start grinding your own beans. You can choose from a number of different coffee suppliers by ordering online plus the experience is a lot better!Hope that helps!

This really helps! Thanks very much! I'm going to order a delonghi one actually! Excited to get making proper coffees!

Once you begin making proper coffee you will never be able to drink instant again. I cannot drink it now unless someone gives one to me without asking, only then do I drink it to be polite!!

Original Poster

brettytopbanana3rd Dec

Once you begin making proper coffee you will never be able to drink …Once you begin making proper coffee you will never be able to drink instant again. I cannot drink it now unless someone gives one to me without asking, only then do I drink it to be polite!!

Hi I bought the delonghi 680 coffee machine and so far I can't make a decent strong coffee!! Am I doing something wrong? How do you get the coffee to come out strong with a good crema? Lol I bought booths espresso coffee and a costa one!

Great move on buying the machine, now you can have fun trying out different beans and such. Forget your costa or your starbucks, they are mainstream, high street rubbish - sorry to be blunt but it is true.

I have found the lavazza stuff to give a surprisingly decent crema but I buy a lot of my coffee online. It is down to personal preference but as I say, this is where the fun begins. Get yourself a tamper and a jug for frothing your milk and you will be a homegrown, homemade barista before you know it!

oh by the way, that coffee machine looks super smart!

Original Poster

Thanks! I will try a diff coffee! I'm worried the machine isn't so great! Fingers crossed
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants