Groups

Best Free Anti Virus / Spyware / Protector Help

Looking to back up my sysytem and re-install Windows from scratch, so woud like a Free AV programme, and spy/malware software as well to run along side. Used AVG and AVAST previously, not sure which is best or if there is any others that work best.

Have Win XP if that helps.

11 Comments

Avast is great.

Banned

Microsoft security essentials gets my vote, easy to install, very light on the system, doesn't nag

Avast is now better then AVG, so I'd say that, maybytes and spybot, then your covered!

why a free one?
    you skint or is it a principle thing?

av-comparatives.org/ima…pdf

shows how well your free ones compare

Banned

nod32 not free but worth it

not free but i agree nod 32

jubbyme;7944079

Microsoft security essentials gets my vote, easy to install, very light … Microsoft security essentials gets my vote, easy to install, very light on the system, doesn't nag

Agreed + 1. :thumbsup:

Free as well.;-)

I use microsoft security essentials and its perfect for the job

Original Poster

iNSOMANiAC;7945109

I use microsoft security essentials and its perfect for the job

would that be all I need? just MSE on its own?

Banned

OoOOOH - our daily thread asking for free AV advice lol

anything but AVG!

Banned

You do only need the MSE but you can also add malwarebytes to run the occasional scan with if you feel more cautious (i dont do this), but the MSE is there for your live protection

I too am starting to become more cautious, so i might install malwarebytes. That Antivirus2010 is a pig to remove if you catch it
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Anyone else used www.completesavings.co.uk43
      2. Who's getting the Xbox X Scorpio? 60 day satisfaction88
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …1833
      4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764471

See more discussions