Groups

Best Free ORC software for Windows?

A friend of mine wants to install free ORC software on her PC. Not used any myself and read a few reviews on CNET and a lot of them come with malware. Any ideas? Thanks Grooty x

8 Comments

orc as stock market software or ocr for reading printed text ?

Original Poster

kester76

orc as stock market software or ocr for reading printed text ?

She wants it for reading printed text.

Not sure about best as my nephew uses Nextup Text Aloud which isn't free

but here goes a few free ones - read the reviews and if you download from this site - uncheck any additional software/bloatware

Speakonia

Ultra Hal Text-to-Speech

but Windows has it's own Text to Speech software - type "Narrator" in the search box

Original Poster

philphil61

Not sure about best as my nephew uses Nextup Text Aloud which isn't … Not sure about best as my nephew uses Nextup Text Aloud which isn't freebut here goes a few free ones - read the reviews and if you download from this site - uncheck any additional software/bloatwareSpeakoniaUltra Hal Text-to-Speech but Windows has it's own Text to Speech software - type "Narrator" in the search box

Thanks for your answer

Sorry, I thought you meant optical character recognition.

Original Poster

kester76

Sorry, I thought you meant optical character recognition.

Yes, she does, sorry for the confusion.

Check out en.wikipedia.org/wik…are
    If she has a scanner then that should of come with free OCR software. I think most Epson scanner/printer combos have this free. Been a while since I've last used it myself. The other option is that now mobile phones can convert photos into text as well.

Microsoft office has OCR built in so if She has Office 2007 or later then she already has it or at most needs to enable it in the software.
    Edited by: "ZaphodBeeblebrox" 30th Dec 2015
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2469
      2. 5am gym crew20131
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1319
      4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?33

See more discussions