Best free virus/spy ware thingymagiggie

20 replies
Found 30th Oct 2008
Any ideas anyone????

Mines up for renewal and it seems no one with an ounce of computer sence pays so id prefer not to!!!

fankooooooooooo

20 Comments

I use AVG.
Have done for a couple of years - don't pay for the super version, just go for the free one, you might get a pop up every few weeks asking if you want to upgrade, I alway click remind me later.

hope it helps

yup avg is good, careful where you click cuz the "obvious" click is for the premium (i.e. paid for version), read the screens and go for free, and its a winner...

Banned

fsm65;3331626

yup avg is good, careful where you click cuz the "obvious" click is for … yup avg is good, careful where you click cuz the "obvious" click is for the premium (i.e. paid for version), read the screens and go for free, and its a winner...

Seconded cant go wrong with AVG tbh done me a good job for the last two years! :thumbsup:

Avast for me too at the moment, but AVG also good. What I like about avast is how unobtrusive it is compared to horrors like Norton.

Banned

i use avg too

Original Poster

thanks guys rep comming your way!!

Go for AVAST .. i am more than happy with it... far far better than Norton and i personally think its better than AVG.

take a look at this thread i started the other day.. some usefull info in there

hotukdeals.com/ite…vg/

as for spyware i use spybot search and destroy

yup gotta love avast!

We found AVG caused some kind of conflict and kept freezing our comp. Removed went for Avast and its no longer a problem

Banned

Things like ms/xp/vista antivirus 2008/2009 malware can get through both AVG & Avast so try the free version of AntiVir, from here:
free-av.com/

For a good free malware scanner try [url]www.malwarebytes.org[/url]
or
[url]www.superantispyware.com[/url]
Both have free and paid versions. Paid versions are if you want realtime protection.
Edited due to my bad spalling :oops:

Hope it helps

Banned

i used to use avast but it really slowed my pc down so i changed to avg 2yrs ago

Without a doubt AVG :thumbsup:

careful with norton, it leaves stuff behind. it fowled my pc up months after removing a free version that came pre-installed

Banned

I want to go with Avast.

Is it only free for 60 days though?

DLM;3367673

I want to go with Avast.Is it only free for 60 days though?

avast! 4 Home Edition works for 60 days after the installation in demo … avast! 4 Home Edition works for 60 days after the installation in demo mode. You will obtain your FREE license key by E-mail after the registration. The license key is valid for 1 year. After one year you will need to just re-register.

avast.com/eng…php

Banned

cuzzy;3367841

http://www.avast.com/eng/home-registration.php

Thank you, i guess i will be paying after 60 days then :thumbsup:

DLM;3367900

Thank you, i guess i will be paying after 60 days then :thumbsup:

No, it states "after registration you will be sent your FREE license key".
avast.com/eng…tml

You just need to register before the 60 days are up, they then send you a free activation key,

Banned

cuzzy;3367941

No, it states "after registration you will be sent your FREE license … No, it states "after registration you will be sent your FREE license key".http://www.avast.com/eng/download-avast-home.html

Sorry i'm looking at the professional edition!

Banned

ad-aware
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What's the best used laptop I can get for £180?37
    2. Camera lens33
    3. Android pay set up55
    4. How Much are CEX offering for SNES mini?2841

See more discussions