Groups

Best Freesat Recorder Box?

Hello everyone!

After much 'window shopping' and looking at different deals from Sky, Virgin, BT and the like, I'm thinking of settling with a Freesat Box for all my television needs.

I'll be getting a broadband package separately so I'm just after you guys' opinion on the best Freesat box to go for.

It doesn't need to have a substantial size of hard drive but I would like a recording feature.

Many thanks.

6 Comments

I picked up a cheap Humax HB1000 from one of those littlewoods clearance stores "The Outlet" for £30 (Usually about £80 I think) a few months back. Great little freesat box with Rollback TV guide, catchup channels and some PPV apps like Netflix etc..
    Has no HDD in it but just connect a USB HDD to record onto.

Zgemma h2s with the latest wooshman build and a TB HDD plugged in.

Original Poster

That was going to be my next question... I realise that the cheaper and basic Freesat boxes don't tend to have a hard drive so are they mostly expandable with a USB stick or external hard drive?

What about Freeview Play? It is similar to Freesat but via an antenna, and incorporates a programme guide with catchup via internet facility like Sky and Virgin.
    freeview.co.uk/why…lay
    Edited by: "snapdragon" 29th Dec 2016

Depends what you want to access, if its just freesat then Humax all the way.

Haven't researched prices, but if I was getting a new one to replace my old Humax Foxsat I would go for this:
    amazon.co.uk/Hum…_ce
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767526
      2. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691434
      3. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047199
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563840

See more discussions