Groups

best friend

is ur best friend ur partner?

59 Comments

my best friend is my labrador-it doesnt nag like the missus!

Yes most definitely we have been married 19 years and over the years have had lifes ups and downs but we are stronger for it. If we weren't best friends we would have been divorced years ago.

No, I've already had this discussion with him.

How could I not be if I'm with him and see him more than anyone else right? But no.

I asked my friend the same question the other week, she said she doesn't regard her partner as her bf and doesn't think he does with her and that shes no really bothered wether he does or doesn't.

It started as a bit of a joke with me and my OH and it still is, but I'd probably class him as my BF whereas he wouldn't...*******.

yes..........

Yes :-D

Oh and my mum too

Yes, i tell him anything and everything, i prefer his comapny over others, i miss him more than anybody else(apart from my baby) when we are without each other, and if he wasn't, i'd be looking at ending our marriage!

You know the pish I get hit with everytime I ask...

You're more than my best friend.

MEH!!!!

Banned

my best friend is christeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeenaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

munnski;5127344

Yes :-DOh and my mum too

Yep same here :-D

Banned

my mom, but yeh my OH, we've become recluses really lol but 2 1/2 years and still going strong which aint bad for a uni romance!

no partner im on a famine
    my best freind at min is my sons and my mam

Banned

HOWEVER,

If anyone could find me a gay best friend like Rupert Everett in My Best Friends Wedding, then I would quite happily change my answer!

yes 100%

yes ..

Nope, my best friend is a person I tried to have a relationship with, and that didn't work, so we decided to just be best friends....

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;5127331

No, I've already had this discussion with him.How could I not be if I'm … No, I've already had this discussion with him.How could I not be if I'm with him and see him more than anyone else right? But no.I asked my friend the same question the other week, she said she doesn't regard her partner as her bf and doesn't think he does with her and that shes no really bothered wether he does or doesn't.It started as a bit of a joke with me and my OH and it still is, but I'd probably class him as my BF whereas he wouldn't...*******.

my hubby was like nah im ur hubby thats different to a mate?!? m like huh?!!!!!!!

Original Poster

Kitten13;5127507

Nope, my best friend is a person I tried to have a relationship with, and … Nope, my best friend is a person I tried to have a relationship with, and that didn't work, so we decided to just be best friends....

aww.....

i dont have a partner so good job it aint cos i'd be screwed!

Original Poster

my best friend isnt my hubby though.... i love him but hes got some qualities i dont think make him fantastic as a good friend..... my best mate has to be my freind from uni.... defo dont get as much time with him at mo but hes a star.

:giggle:

loupomm;5127532

i dont have a partner so good job it aint cos i'd be screwed!

:giggle: I can see pros and cons to that !!;-)

chesso;5127557

:giggle::giggle: I can see pros and cons to that !!;-)

:w00t: :oops:

MY husband knows me better than I know myself!

I wish I could say the same for him - lol - he is a far more complicated animal.

Original Poster

chesso;5127557

:giggle::giggle: I can see pros and cons to that !!;-)

haha!!!! i see what u did there!

nope x x

Yep, my better half is my best friend.

yeh mine is my oh

I'm just wondering, all you people that said yes, have uz asked your OH's?

AshleyRFC;5127803

Not so long since she said it to me and not the 1st time.

AshleyRFC;5127803

Yes, and he said the same All together now......AWWWWWWWW! (spew!)

My OH would say that I'm his best friend. He thinks friendship is integral to his love for me, ( which of course its part of it ) but to me he is something apart from a friend he is a separate case entirely so I don't see him as my best friend, I see him as my husband....

loupomm;5127563

:w00t: :oops:

magicbeans;5127604

haha!!!! i see what u did there!

Sorry for lowering the tone. I will redeem myself.

AshleyRFC;5127803

Yes, I just have. He said 'What a daft question, of course you are my best friend.' So, I explained the thread and he said that some good points had been made but there was no doubt at all that I was his best friend as well as occupying the special status of wife. He/we could see that people could have separate categories as it were - for partner and friend.

Lulu'sMammy;5127359

Yes, i tell him anything and everything, i prefer his comapny over … Yes, i tell him anything and everything, i prefer his comapny over others, i miss him more than anybody else(apart from my baby) when we are without each other, and if he wasn't, i'd be looking at ending our marriage!

:cry: ....... wow , ya have a soft side , that was better than little house on the prairie

nay danger, thats pajio

I've just twisted his arm and had him in a headlock.

Yeap I'm his best friend now.

Hehehe

Original Poster

hibees;5128428

nay danger, thats pajio

brb googling pajio

back....dont get the above,,,am i being thick?

ClarityofMind;5128140

My OH would say that I'm his best friend. He thinks friendship is … My OH would say that I'm his best friend. He thinks friendship is integral to his love for me, ( which of course its part of it ) but to me he is something apart from a friend he is a separate case entirely so I don't see him as my best friend, I see him as my husband....

ditto:thumbsup:

magicbeans;5128571

is ur best friend ur partner?

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Ma bestest'estest friend is ma hand! It can be flexible, it can be tight, it knows what I want and can help me achieve great things.....its always in the mood whenever I am.....and most of all...its never gonna leave me...:w00t:

yip my other half is my best friend!!! love him to bits, sit at work and wish i was at home snuggling up with him!!!! hahaha he thinks he can read me like a book..... still got a few tricks up my sleeve haha........ but yeah he is my best friend! love him to pieces!!!

on the other hand i do have my best girlfriend who she is always there when i need her and vice versa!! :friends:

StevenA2000_uk;5129157

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!Ma bestest'estest friend is ma hand! It … Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!Ma bestest'estest friend is ma hand! It can be flexible, it can be tight, it knows what I want and can help me achieve great things.....its always in the mood whenever I am.....and most of all...its never gonna leave me...:w00t:

hahaha i have too dirty a mind ;-)

crazyblondechick;5129197

hahaha i have too dirty a mind ;-)

lovinit lovinit lovinit :w00t:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. I have 2 spare netflix slots and a spotify share.513
      2. One for the mathmeticians2539
      3. Cat Chat77744
      4. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047177