Groups

BEST Front Door - better than composite door?

Hi HUKDealers!

If I want the BEST possible front door - is there anything better than composite door? If price was not the consideration, which is the best front door solution - the 'Merc' of front doors? Thanks for your opinions in advance.

Kay

15 Comments

Erm, hardwood?

Original Poster

willhay555

Erm, hardwood?

browsing online, I got impression the wood framed < uPVC < hardwood < composite < (?my question door) was the hierarchy in terms of solidness & price?

The best at what?

The most tactile door, the most secure door and the most durable door could all be different types.

Banned

I have a friend who buys and sells property, he bought an old bank complete with safe. He took the huge safe door and now it's his front door.

Uses hydrolics to open and close mind. It's a beast or a door.

Can't see the police knocking it in either should they find reason too.
    Edited by: "WonkyDoctor" 3rd Sep 2016

We have a Rockdoor,Solidor are supposed to be very good too,oops I missed the important part of not composite lol
    Edited by: "Domthedonkey" 3rd Sep 2016

Just google "class 3" or "class 4" doors and find one you like that fits your hole in your wall.

Original Poster

deb8z

We have a Rockdoor,Solidor are supposed to be very good too,oops I missed … We have a Rockdoor,Solidor are supposed to be very good too,oops I missed the important part of not composite lol

Rockdor and Solidor are probably one of the best composite doors in the country. I wanted to know if there is some form of door which is better than composite and hard to break-in. Recent front door break-ins in news making me think of getting the best solution installed.

Original Poster

EndlessWaves

The best at what? The most tactile door, the most secure door and the … The best at what? The most tactile door, the most secure door and the most durable door could all be different types.

The BEST - most secure, durable & tactile! I hope that makes my quest clear

I'm looking for a door more solid than composite and best quality that is available in the market.

Just avoid Anglian Windows for any work, bloody dire and good luck....

Original Poster

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Just google "class 3" or "class 4" doors and find one you like that fits … Just google "class 3" or "class 4" doors and find one you like that fits your hole in your wall.

Thanks! that is useful info. I notice the class seems to indicate how secure it is in terms of multi point locking etc.

just ensure you don't overlook the windows, as they could be a alternative route into the house

Original Poster

So seems composite door is the best ready solution for front door and nothing better exists. Thanks everyone for your commens!!

Could get a steel door for security
    igdoors.co.uk/ste…spx
    or any PAS24 rated door

Upvc doors are the safest as they have a multi locking mechanism. Then address also maintenance free and durable. You would need the Upvc frame installed as well though if you currently have a wooden door.

mutley1

Upvc doors are the safest as they have a multi locking mechanism. Then … Upvc doors are the safest as they have a multi locking mechanism. Then address also maintenance free and durable. You would need the Upvc frame installed as well though if you currently have a wooden door.

The door has to meet PAS24 for security.
    Most pvc doors I could break open in under a minute, just watch any cop program. Also no glass or get laminated.
    PAS24 locks are tested and the cyclinder is bump, pick and snap proof.
    All new properties now have this.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1537
      2. Golf DSG GTD Real MPG?57
      3. LG oled soundbar11
      4. Memory foam mattress topper11

See more discussions