Best Gaming computer

Found 5th Nov 2017
My 12 year old plays games usually from Steam but also a few other downloadable games. Her laptop doesn’t cope and lags like crazy.
She is looking at buying herself a gaming pc tower for upto £600 max. Do the specs on this look any good for fast gaming?

She also makes and edits videos and cartoons (to the ability of a 12 year old)

It needs to be able to cope with all of this.

any recommendations please?2822677-Kz3TG.jpg
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
For that price you're really looking at a GTX 1060 over a GTX 1050 so looks a little expensive.
Original Poster
Thank you, is it that number I’m looking for? 1060?

i have no idea. We went into curry’s as she wanted a laptop at first, but now she’s wanting the tower as u got more for ur money
beth37351 h, 13 m ago

Thank you, is it that number I’m looking for? 1060?i have no idea. We went …Thank you, is it that number I’m looking for? 1060?i have no idea. We went into curry’s as she wanted a laptop at first, but now she’s wanting the tower as u got more for ur money

The GTX 1060 is powerful enough for VR and most games at high quality @ 1080p. The i5 7400 is a good CPU for gaming and 8GB is plenty enough. Due to power and cooling laptops are generally underpowered against their desktop equivalents so you get more bang for buck.

This is just an example though as this style of case is too compact to upgrade easily compared to a full sized tower but are great for a bedroom. My case is Thermal take core x9 which weighs about 15kg and is very big compared to most desktops but far too big for the average person.
beth37351 h, 33 m ago

Thank you, is it that number I’m looking for? 1060?

I would go for an RX 570 or RX 580 personally, unless you spend the extra on a G-sync monitor the nVidia graphics cards like the GTX 1060 don't produce as good a result (assuming you're buying a new monitor).
Off topic but your kid sounds proper switched on, editing videos etc at 12! All I did was play games all day.
Original Poster
darkstryder3603 h, 18 m ago

Off topic but your kid sounds proper switched on, editing videos etc at …Off topic but your kid sounds proper switched on, editing videos etc at 12! All I did was play games all day.

Lol she is! I have no idea even at 34

EndlessWaves3 h, 34 m ago

I would go for an RX 570 or RX 580 personally, unless you spend the extra …I would go for an RX 570 or RX 580 personally, unless you spend the extra on a G-sync monitor the nVidia graphics cards like the GTX 1060 don't produce as good a result (assuming you're buying a new monitor).

Thank you, yes we would be needing a new monitor too. I’ll take note of ur advice too as see what we can come up with 😊
Original Poster
kester763 h, 55 m ago

The GTX 1060 is powerful enough for VR and most games at high quality @ …The GTX 1060 is powerful enough for VR and most games at high quality @ 1080p. The i5 7400 is a good CPU for gaming and 8GB is plenty enough. Due to power and cooling laptops are generally underpowered against their desktop equivalents so you get more bang for buck. This is just an example though as this style of case is too compact to upgrade easily compared to a full sized tower but are great for a bedroom. My case is Thermal take core x9 which weighs about 15kg and is very big compared to most desktops but far too big for the average person.

Thank you, I’ll take a look around and see what best set up we can find for her within her budget
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants