Best gaming router for Xbox One???

Found 25th Jul
My current BT router just ain’t getting me the best ping in games like COD, can anyone suggest how I improve this and what products will help me
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Have you tried getting good before you blame the internet/router. Typical CoD player
Edited by: "_Whatever_" 25th Jul
12 Comments
Are you playing via the wireless WiFi or have you wired it to your router? We have ps4 and Xbox, we find the PS4 works perfectly through wireless however the Xbox is terrible if it is not plugged into the router
Playing wireless, the connection is good, just my ping in game is like 50 which is too high for me
Have you tried getting good before you blame the internet/router. Typical CoD player
Edited by: "_Whatever_" 25th Jul
A 50 ping isn’t bad, if it was 30 you wouldn’t notice the difference. Like the poster above if your good at the game 50 is fine, you see people with 5 and there not always at the top, then there’s people with a 100 owning it. It’s when you go over that you start getting lag but it’s not all ping.
_Whatever_25th Jul

Have you tried getting good before you blame the internet/router. Typical …Have you tried getting good before you blame the internet/router. Typical CoD player

Well when I’m playing a competitive game and the another player clearly has better connection it’s quite frustrating, if you’ve got that attitude when all I’m asking is for advice on what’s best, it makes me think you’re a typical loser.
Cardy-GB5 h, 45 m ago

Playing wireless, the connection is good, just my ping in game is like 50 …Playing wireless, the connection is good, just my ping in game is like 50 which is too high for me

Wi-Fi isn't full duplex so you can only send or receive, you cant do both at the same time unlike wired.
Cardy-GB4 h, 7 m ago

Well when I’m playing a competitive game and the another player clearly h …Well when I’m playing a competitive game and the another player clearly has better connection it’s quite frustrating, if you’ve got that attitude when all I’m asking is for advice on what’s best, it makes me think you’re a typical loser.

Ok keep crying.
Bargainhead6 h, 0 m ago

A 50 ping isn’t bad, if it was 30 you wouldn’t notice the difference. Like …A 50 ping isn’t bad, if it was 30 you wouldn’t notice the difference. Like the poster above if your good at the game 50 is fine, you see people with 5 and there not always at the top, then there’s people with a 100 owning it. It’s when you go over that you start getting lag but it’s not all ping.

Agree!!
Cardy-GB4 h, 38 m ago

Well when I’m playing a competitive game and the another player clearly h …Well when I’m playing a competitive game and the another player clearly has better connection it’s quite frustrating, if you’ve got that attitude when all I’m asking is for advice on what’s best, it makes me think you’re a typical loser.

But it’s not all to do with lowest ping, bad connection could be packet loss. Even on wired you can get packet loss on bf1 on pc. Lag isn’t always ping and it could be the server end. Also refresh rate of tv or monitor. The list goes on and on
Ethernet Cable!
Ping times are dependant on ISP and their routing and minimally affected by the router (under 1ms for the networking/routing side of it, maybe a few milliseconds for the modem).

'Gaming' routers are primarily an attempt to advertise the QoS services - that's how traffic is prioritised on your home network when multiple people are using the internet. Unless you're getting much better experience alone than when others are using your home internet they're a waste of time.
Edited by: "EndlessWaves" 25th Jul
Plug an Ethernet cable and try it out first. The biggest ‘loss’ is likely to be the WiFi.
Then it will be ISP connection.
Followed by hardware.

I have a Draytek Vigor Modem, linked to a Uniquiti universal gateway and access points. (Far better than any ISP supplied hardware)

My pings aren’t much better than before but my WiFi is now bomb proof.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants