Best gloves for someone with really cold hands (raynauds )

Posted 12th Dec 2022
Hi all,

I'm a 20 something old lad who gets extremely cold hands. When I go outside, I NEED to wear gloves else it's unbearable.

It's 25C in bedroom as I type this, yet my hands are ice cold.

Any decent recommendations for thin yet warm gloves? Preferably they would have a rubberised grip. I don't want those super thick ski type gloves, because I often wear them indoors say if I went to the supermarket or the pub ect.
Community Updates
Ask
New Comment

24 Comments

sorted by
's avatar
    Psychobunni
    I'm also in the market for some good outside gloves for the same reason, I've been told ski gloves are a good option but not sure which brands are best as I've not done a whole lot of research into the ones worth buying. Could be worth looking into!

For in the house, I've got some arthritis gloves from Amazon which help quite a bit, even though I have raynauds, not arthritis . They're only about £7 and something about the compression seems to work well with raynauds, check the reviews out as plenty of people in there with similar experiences too: iMedic Arthritis Gloves - Compression Gloves for Arthritis - Providing Warmth and Compression to Promote Healing - Arthritis Aids - Arthritis Gloves for Women and Men - 1x Pair (Medium) : Amazon.co.uk: Health & Personal Care
    sharkmark
    If you want ski gloves then ideally something which is leather will be warmer and arguably more supple and with more grip. It’ll get more expensive but best brands I’ve come across are Level, Reusch and Salomon… sure there are lots more but beware the weird cheap brands that Amazon appear to have let flood their site!
    dorey69
    Unfortunately I’ve tried every glove to try and help raynauds and nothing works but you can get usb heated gloves what help a little for me if at home etc and hot water bottle or little hot pads what you click to reactivate the heat. I’m 53 and it’s been a problem since a child
    leeanne123
    I have found taking ginkgo biloba has helped with my Raynauds - it isnt as bad as it used to be..It might be worth looking into to see if it would be suitable for you?
    Anonymous User
    I can be in a room at 20C and sometime my hands and feet are fine, and other times they're not.

I can't weat gloves as my fingers get colder, so I'm stuck with mitts if it's that cold...
    aLV426
    That sounds more like a medical condition - should you not get that checked rather than finding a pair of gloves?
    USB heated ones might do the trick. Also what about a pocket warmer? I found a charcoal based pocket warmer lasted all day. They do have USB ones now & gel based ones too!
    dorey69
    It is a medical condition which they can only give certain medication for. But nothing works. So you have to find the best option unfortunately
    Mendoza
    I seen some the other day, that were see through, and you can use your phone whilst wearing them, it was on Amazon, I’ll see if I can find them again
    wayners
    What about those heated gloves? Powred by usb powerbank
    Zek
    this or this ? Not tried them, obviously need a power pack too but most people have one these days
's avatar
Top Merchants