Best Glue For Tyre Rubber

Found 7th Aug 2015
Hi, Can anyone please suggest a good glue for joining tyre rubber as I have tried superglue & other adhesives but they don't last long.

I am just trying to join a small tyre cut.

Thank you in advance.

1. Ask
  2. Tyres
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Tyres
12 Comments

Dont think a product like this exists?

Damaged tyre should be replaced as its dangerous and shouldn't pass an MOT.

I assume you mean an actual car tyre and not on toy/model?

katchiib

Dont think a product like this exists? Damaged tyre should be replaced as … Dont think a product like this exists? Damaged tyre should be replaced as its dangerous and shouldn't pass an MOT. I assume you mean an actual car tyre and not on toy/model?

Could be lots of things. Scooter, bike, trolley, wheelbarrow etc.

Original Poster

Yes it's a very small cut on my car tyre about 1 cm on the external surface only.

jamilayz

Yes it's a very small cut on my car tyre about 1 cm on the external … Yes it's a very small cut on my car tyre about 1 cm on the external surface only.

Then replace it if a tyre centre has told you it's unfit to use.

Just suppose you don't replace it and you are driving along a fast road and your tyre fails and because you are a cheapskate you kill everyone in your car and several other innocent people.

Original Poster

Everyone's advise is much appreciated.

I am having my tyre checked out at a tyre centre as they will then advise that whether it can be repaired or needs to be replaced.

The cut is very small & is on the external wall about 1 cm wide & 2-3 mm deep.

you may be able to have it PLUGGED

it cost about £20

Cut must be deep enough to reach the ply or cord to fail mot. If its just a little nick out of it just pull the piece of rubber off

Don't think outer wall damage can be repaired. Just get a new or part-worn tyre if money is tight. Safety of the passengers and other road users should never be compromised.

http://www.valuetyres.co.uk/userfiles/image/tyreadvice-getting-the-most03.jpg

Edited by: "knight01" 7th Aug 2015

knight01

Don't think outer wall damage can be repaired. Just get a new or … Don't think outer wall damage can be repaired. Just get a new or part-worn tyre if money is tight. Safety of the passengers and other road users should never be compromised.

Totally agree with this.

OP - you won't find glue that will repair it, given the temp, expansion and movement of the tyre as it gets used. You might as well stick a plaster on it!
Get it checked out by a garage

If it's a small cut you won't even need to, I had one on mine and went straight to change it at a very reputable tyre fitters, they said as no cords are showing its not needed and to glue it back on.

Original Poster

Thanks.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants