Groups
    EXPIRED

best graphics card for desktop

what is the best graphics card for my comp, its got a 3.0ghz dual core processor, and 4gb of ram, which i can increase if necessary, price does not matter, its a dell optiplex

7 Comments

Read the following link- it has all the latest info on the latest GPUs and also the best bang for buck. Only you can decide budget, but all contemporary graphic solutions are listed. Have a read and post back if you have any more questions.....

bit-tech.net/har…e/1

xmal

Nothing too power hungry. Dell PSUs are usually fairly low power output, just enough to run what's inside the box. You may also need to get a low profile card as some of the Optiplex range use reduced height cases.

Best go for a fairly cheap card if you really want one as there's not much point in putting a £200+ graphics card on a £20 mainboard. :whistling:

Banned

Try NVIDIA Gerforce 9800 - really great graphics!

If you fancy playing on 3D then go for one of the latest NVIDIA card and get the 3D VISION bundle, I am sure you will love it.

What processor is it ,If it is an old pentium D then there would be no point in upgrading too much,

best price/performance at the moment is ATI Radeon 5850 around £200

Is it the 760?
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Tv choice magazine Issue 3966
      2. Win a Free minion usb stick22
      3. Win 1 of 3 x £1000 Selfridges vouchers with Virgin Trains66
      4. Magazine competitions - Issue 37 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk2020

See more discussions