Groups

Best grpahics card (pci express) for under £50

I am after a new gc so I can boost my computer rating (graphics are at 5.3 with in-built) and cos I need to be able to dual screen my pc. I have £50 or maybe upto £70 for the right one

I looked at this one - ebuyer.com/pro…491
    and thi ebuyer.com/pro…954

Any more I should consider?

Cheers

7 Comments

This might be a better card for the money - faster than the 2 you have mentioned
    ebuyer.com/pro…546

If you are looking at running games and want DirectX 11 then have a look at
    ebuyer.com/pro…138

More info on what your pc spec is, what you will be running etc will help.

Original Poster

scotsann;8946221

This might be a better card for the money - faster than the 2 you have … This might be a better card for the money - faster than the 2 you have mentionedhttp://www.ebuyer.com/product/158546If you are looking at running games and want DirectX 11 then have a look at http://www.ebuyer.com/product/190138More info on what your pc spec is, what you will be running etc will help.

Core I3 with W7 & 3GB ram, running photoshop and fireworks (and a little flash editing) :thumbsup:

Are you on Win 7 64-bit? (Otherwise you'll potentially waste RAM).

I'd consider an ATI 4670, or a 5560/5570 closer to your £70 top end.

Original Poster

32 Bit, it was a pre-built machine.

I know I am nearly at the limit for Ram so only thing I can really update is the graphics which is quite simple and cheap (ish).

I may consider ramping w7 upto 64 bit soon, but need to work out what ram my mobi will take.

specs:

# Maximum Memory Capacity: 8388608 MB
    # Currently Installed Memory: 3072 MB
    # Available Memory Slots: 2
    # Total Memory Slots: 4
    # Dual Channel Support: N.A.

Original Poster

dcx_badass;8946911

If it's just for dual screens and not gaming then a £20 card will do just … If it's just for dual screens and not gaming then a £20 card will do just fine and you won't notice a difference at all. Also windows scores are pointless and mean nothing.

I know :thumbsup: I use photoshop and fireworks a lot so needs to be slightly better than a £20 card, think I am going to go with an ATI 4670 (as recommended by Mbeeching)

[FONT=Arial]This [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]]XFX GeForce 9800 GT [FONT=Arial]or this[/FONT] ]XFX HD 5670 :thinking:[/FONT]

Original Poster

Boogie83e;8947098

[FONT=Arial]This [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]]XFX GeForce 9800 GT … [FONT=Arial]This [/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman]]XFX GeForce 9800 GT [FONT=Arial]or this[/FONT] ]XFX HD 5670 :thinking:[/FONT]

The aria one lets it down as it's £7+ for delivery

gone for ]this in the end
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. What will £250 get me second hand mobile66
      2. New a camera to keep track of my Demintina Mother78
      3. Info on Browns Family Jewellers34
      4. Cheapest way to obtain Microsoft Office?77

See more discussions