Expired

Best Halaal Takeaway in Bradford? Any Recommendations?

Found 25th Jan 2014
Pizzas, Chicken, Peri Peri, Burgers, Lamb Chops ...

Anything really.

Any Favourites? Needs to be Halaal.
Community Updates
AskTakeawayBradford
13 Comments
Salah's in BD3. Leeds Road. Unbelievable value for money. burger chips and drink for 2.80 or 2 for 4.50.
Omar's in the town centre for a curry.
dixy chicken !!!
if you ate something that wasn't halaal, but you were told it was, would you notice?
coullgfx

if you ate something that wasn't halaal, but you were told it was, would … if you ate something that wasn't halaal, but you were told it was, would you notice?

Usually 9 times out of 10 you can notice the difference by looking, the halal chicken for example will normally be smaller in size and more bones showing in some cases. Then when you taste it there is only difference purely based on the way the chicken was fed when it was a live. Of course both halal and other chicken both had their necks slit and both pump the same amount of blood out of the chicken or other meat while its dying.

Purely the way meat is raised is how it tastes.
Original Poster
coullgfx

if you ate something that wasn't halaal, but you were told it was, would … if you ate something that wasn't halaal, but you were told it was, would you notice?

No. But places that sell halaal food have to be certified. If they are selling without being certified then they get fined.

Think of it in different terms. If you bought a leather jacket, it looks like leather, but it wasn't ... how would you feel?

Okay maybe not the best example, but you get where I'm going with that comment.
takeaways you must try on gt horton rd: Lahores purely for their grilled chicken burger, Rajas for their cheese burgers and snootys for their pizzas.
Lahore Deli Leeds not bradford but amazing food

update they have two stores in bradford.

Lahore deli bradford
348 Great Horton Road, Bradford BD7 1QJ

About the same price as nandos.
Edited by: "hasnainthehotdeal" 25th Jan 2014
krazyasif786

No. But places that sell halaal food have to be certified. If they are … No. But places that sell halaal food have to be certified. If they are selling without being certified then they get fined.

Please pull up a source on this or I call BS.
Original Poster
threesixty360

takeaways you must try on gt horton rd: Lahores purely for their grilled … takeaways you must try on gt horton rd: Lahores purely for their grilled chicken burger, Rajas for their cheese burgers and snootys for their pizzas.

Nice!

My Best Pizza Of Choice is: Chicken Tikka, Lamb Tikka, Donner Kebab and SweetCorn - With added Peri Peri Sauce. It's Bombtastic.
Original Poster
accelerator

Please pull up a source on this or I call BS.

http://halalfoodauthority.com/

You apply for certification. 95% of muslims would be weary if they saw halaal without a certification - unless they know the person which most usually know.

In terms of fines. I may be wrong. But that's not to say trading standards wouldn't put a blind eye to this sort of behaviour. Generally speaking if you're unsure you just ask them something about the religion that they should know. If they are like erm, urrr then you say no.

I went to one takeaway and asked him if he knew the shahadah and he was like what's that. I left.

Finding decent halaal takeaways isn't always easy. It's better in majority areas.

Anyway, keep to the topic.
Edited by: "krazyasif786" 25th Jan 2014
krazyasif786

http://halalfoodauthority.com/You apply for certification. 95% of muslims … http://halalfoodauthority.com/You apply for certification. 95% of muslims would be weary if they saw halaal without a certification - unless they know the person which most usually know. In terms of fines. I may be wrong. But that's not to say trading standards wouldn't put a blind eye to this sort of behaviour. Generally speaking if you're unsure you just ask them something about the religion that they should know. If they are like erm, urrr then you say no.I went to one takeaway and asked him if he knew the shahadah and he was like what's that. I left.Finding decent halaal takeaways isn't always easy. It's better in majority areas. Anyway, keep to the topic.

not only that, kosher meat needs to be certified too, because the Jews follow pretty much the same procedure as us Muslims
really?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants