Best Handheld Emulator?

Found 25th Jun 2017
I'm wanting to play a bunch of Gameboy, GBA, NES and SNES roms and wanted a handheld to play them on. I don't want to have to hack a PSP or anything like that but instead, have a dedicated emulator.

I was looking at the K101 Plus, but some reviews say it doesn't really play GB titles very well.

Any ideas? Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
To be honest a android phone and a Bluetooth controller that can clip a phone in is probably your best shot in my opinion
If you have the money then I 100% recommend the gpd android version.
Don't use it anymore but my psp go was an awesome little device for emulators.
Original Poster
SlyPie

If you have the money then I 100% recommend the gpd android version.

Do you mean this?

gearbest.com/tab…BNQ

If so, I read you can't save game progress on emulators?
yeah have to go with PSP on this one, very good for emulators
Original Poster
benjammin316

yeah have to go with PSP on this one, very good for emulators

PSP Go?
PSP is klunky imo, cfw a n2ds or n3ds and you are good to go!
superfreddy

PSP Go?

I just had one of the original ones, no need to break the bank or get the latest one (whatever that may be) just and older one will do the trick.
Original Poster
Rid1

PSP is klunky imo, cfw a n2ds or n3ds and you are good to go!

Really? Would the 2DS play SNES rom titles though?
superfreddy

Do you mean … Do you mean this?http://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_354945.html?currency=GBP&vip=760164&gclid=CJea3r_m2dQCFa277QodtEEBNQIf so, I read you can't save game progress on emulators?

That's the one and that is areally good price. I have played on the Snes emulator and gba emulator and they both work 100% with saves. I flashed mine with the legacy rom to get rid of the installed junk and downloaded the emulators off the play store. The screen is class and the buttons are really good.
superfreddy

As someone has said, search for an R4 or Sky3ds card.
Original Poster
SlyPie

That's the one and that is areally good price. I have played on the Snes … That's the one and that is areally good price. I have played on the Snes emulator and gba emulator and they both work 100% with saves. I flashed mine with the legacy rom to get rid of the installed junk and downloaded the emulators off the play store. The screen is class and the buttons are really good.

​What does the legacy ROM do? Does this update to the latest android versions?
superfreddy12 h, 57 m ago

The "new" variants of the 3ds family, from what I understand run snes games flawlessly, using snes injections, as do the other various injections, however if you decide to get cfw on a n2ds, it will come on 11.4 or whatever the latest fw is which right now has only 1 current way of getting cfw, which is hardmodding it. Which requires opening up and dumping the NAND.

If you do decide to buy a n2ds, it will be release on the 28th of July, so you have to wait a month, alternatively if you hunt around for a n3ds or n3ds xl, always ask has it been banned? and what firmware is it on? As mentioned before try to find one under 11.4 as you can get cfw yourself. If you are unsure of the fw it is on check here.

One of my friends managed to pick one up for £100!
Hope you find this helpful.
Original Poster
I meant the old style 2DS. Wouldn't want the new one. Can't decide whether to go down that route or but an emulator system from China.
superfreddy

What does the legacy ROM do? Does this update to the latest android … What does the legacy ROM do? Does this update to the latest android versions?

I'm not sure about that but it removes all the crap and installs almost a blank canvas for you to install your own apps. The built in emulators are a mixed bag from what I gather. I'm in Spain at present and out of all my handhelds I took my gpd. It's built for emulators so no jail breaking or messing around.
superfreddy

I meant the old style 2DS. Wouldn't want the new one. Can't decide … I meant the old style 2DS. Wouldn't want the new one. Can't decide whether to go down that route or but an emulator system from China.

The older variants can't play SNES games too well.
Edited by: "Rid1" 26th Jun 2017
Original Poster
SlyPie

I'm not sure about that but it removes all the crap and installs almost a … I'm not sure about that but it removes all the crap and installs almost a blank canvas for you to install your own apps. The built in emulators are a mixed bag from what I gather. I'm in Spain at present and out of all my handhelds I took my gpd. It's built for emulators so no jail breaking or messing around.

​Is it easy to install the ROM? How does it also perform as a tablet to browse websites and play mobile games from the play store?
Original Poster
SlyPie

I'm not sure about that but it removes all the crap and installs almost a … I'm not sure about that but it removes all the crap and installs almost a blank canvas for you to install your own apps. The built in emulators are a mixed bag from what I gather. I'm in Spain at present and out of all my handhelds I took my gpd. It's built for emulators so no jail breaking or messing around.

​Also, is the Q9 the same as this but just a different design?
I've used my old oneplus one and bought a bluetooth controller, works like a charm!
GPD xd
Edited by: "adic" 21st Sep 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants