Best handheld hoover? Dyson?

Found 17th Jan
Hi,

Does anyone recommend a decent handheld hoover? Needs to be portable and good suction as I have this terrible white carpet that shows any spec of fluff in it and sometimes grinds into the pile.

I was looking at the dyson v6 - £129.99 on eBay (refurb) Which is kindve top end of budget is it worth it? Or anything better for cheaper?

We already have a Henry for full deep cleaning but I want a plugless handheld for a quick clean

Any help please.

Thanks
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Gtech air ram
I have a Dyson V6 Animal Extra with the rotating brush and that one picks up fluff very well.
Swear by black and decker dust buster flexi. Bit weird looking but works a treat
We bought one of these - very happy with it!

ebay.co.uk/itm…194
hearts221 h, 3 m ago

I have a Dyson V6 Animal Extra with the rotating brush and that one picks …I have a Dyson V6 Animal Extra with the rotating brush and that one picks up fluff very well.

I think that one is a bit over budget for me.

This is the one that's £129.99 refurb

rover.ebay.com/rov…358
psychobitchfromhell30 m ago

Swear by black and decker dust buster flexi. Bit weird looking but works a …Swear by black and decker dust buster flexi. Bit weird looking but works a treat

I looked at that one it seems to be for cars vans etc with 12v?
aaran73 h, 59 m ago

I looked at that one it seems to be for cars vans etc with 12v?

They do a number of different ones. I have a car one and also one with a rechargeable battery. I've got this one tooled-up.com/bla…BwE
I recently bought the Dyson 6 with the 20% off coupon, getting it for around £100. I was a little dubious at first due to the small battery life (20 mins) and doubted the suction would be that great considering it was a portable hoover. I've got a Husky and their fur constantly sheds (You can fill an entire plastic bag with fur every single day for 4 months over winter...not kidding) so I was in a very similar situation to you.

I bought it refurbished and it arrived brand new. A Dyson refurbish usually means that during testing it didn't meet the standards required, so it had parts replaced and refitted until it passed the test. Refurb in this context is NOT a customer return or a used product.

If you use the "turbine head" it is great for picking up fluff and dust. It's honestly the best hoover I've ever used and I'd highly suggest it. It's not worth saving a few quid for a knock off, you may as well get a great quality item for a little more. I'd say go for it.
GTech every time. Picks everything up and you can run from hard floors to carpet. Battery lasts for days before you need to recharge and it never looses suction. I have 2 very hairy little dogs and it picks up every dog hair
aaran715 h, 0 m ago

I think that one is a bit over budget for me.This is the one that's …I think that one is a bit over budget for me.This is the one that's £129.99 refurbhttps://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F132392767358

I am not sure but I think it is basically the same but with more attachments. Maybe you can get the rotating brush separately as that one definitely picks up fluff due to the rotation and I had carpets full of fluff that the corded vacuum cleaner I have doesn't pick up.

The vacuum cleaner itself isn't great though with the other attachments. Must be honest.
Salfordgirl118th Jan

I recently bought the Dyson 6 with the 20% off coupon, getting it for …I recently bought the Dyson 6 with the 20% off coupon, getting it for around £100. I was a little dubious at first due to the small battery life (20 mins) and doubted the suction would be that great considering it was a portable hoover. I've got a Husky and their fur constantly sheds (You can fill an entire plastic bag with fur every single day for 4 months over winter...not kidding) so I was in a very similar situation to you.I bought it refurbished and it arrived brand new. A Dyson refurbish usually means that during testing it didn't meet the standards required, so it had parts replaced and refitted until it passed the test. Refurb in this context is NOT a customer return or a used product.If you use the "turbine head" it is great for picking up fluff and dust. It's honestly the best hoover I've ever used and I'd highly suggest it. It's not worth saving a few quid for a knock off, you may as well get a great quality item for a little more. I'd say go for it.

Ahh yes I missed out on that code what a bargain! Yeah I've heard some people are getting new ones and also getting 2 year warranty instead of 1 year? Is that right?

Yeah I don't have pets but the carpet is white can see anything on it and does my head dragging Henry 3 floors
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants