Best High End Dashcam???

Found 1st Mar
Hi,

Can anyone recommend a decent high end dashcam, my primary focus is on video quality, that also has good lowlight quality. I've looked at Thinkware and many competitors, and i can't see any that have good phone apps or even webapps where you can view the footage / change settings etc.

Any advice welcome!
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
reading your request I dont think you know what you are looking for.

let me ask you, why do you need to view the footage? how often you plant to be involved in accidents?
look at Techmoan on YouTube.
Nextbase 512gw 2k @ 30fps or 1080p @ 60fps modes can be used. Excellent low light but are expensive. Hardwire kit can be purchased separately to save you plugging it in all the time. The older 402g model which I had for a number of years as my main cam (now on the rear) was approved by most major insurers. They make the best cameras on the consumer market at the moment I think.
mattsk6 h, 30 m ago

reading your request I dont think you know what you are looking for.let me …reading your request I dont think you know what you are looking for.let me ask you, why do you need to view the footage? how often you plant to be involved in accidents?

I'd imagine the OP plans on having an accident as much as you plan on damaging your mobile handset hotukdeals.com/dis…320
andynicol10 h, 16 m ago

I'd imagine the OP plans on having an accident as much as you plan on …I'd imagine the OP plans on having an accident as much as you plan on damaging your mobile handset https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/pixel-2-glass-screen-protector-2841320

wow, a strawman argument
Just to add that it is just as important as to which device you want to view the footage. My wife' laptop is excellent but my tablet a waste of time. That' using a Drivepro 520.
Original Poster
mattsk1st Mar

reading your request I dont think you know what you are looking for.let me …reading your request I dont think you know what you are looking for.let me ask you, why do you need to view the footage? how often you plant to be involved in accidents?

Having decent, reliable software to view and export the video, if there ever is an accident, or damage to my car when parked (which must be quite common as I often see cars with dings and dents in). Its worth the peace of mind in the event of an accident taking place. Sorry but your questions doesn't really make any sense, why would you have a dashcam if it wasn't possible to view the footage???
thomps1215 h, 34 m ago

Having decent, reliable software to view and export the video, if there …Having decent, reliable software to view and export the video, if there ever is an accident, or damage to my car when parked (which must be quite common as I often see cars with dings and dents in). Its worth the peace of mind in the event of an accident taking place. Sorry but your questions doesn't really make any sense, why would you have a dashcam if it wasn't possible to view the footage???

you mean like a bog standard:
USB cable
laptop/PC
video player?
that is literally all you need to view the footage

Ive had a dash cam for 3 years. touch wood the only time I had to view the footage is when I recorded/saw some numpties doing dumb stuff on roads eg going wrong way on a roundabout or a bus on fire.... after that I got bored because would have to watch every single journey I made, got better things to do.
PS> just because a car has a ding doesnt mean it due to an accident, could be poor driver going into a pole, bin, slipping on snow etc... you know all those cases where dashcam would not benefit you for insurance puposes
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants