Expired

Best highchair for a 6 month old baby

Found 4th Sep 2017
Hi guys I have been searching high and low for the perfect highchair. I have tried a few shops ie John Lewis, Mothercare etc and there are very few models on the shop floor to try out. I want something that will take my son up to about 5 years of age. Ideally nothing too garish. Could fellow parents give me their experiences and recommendations. Budget is up to £150. Thanks.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments
Your child should be at the table long before he is 5. Don't go looking for a long term highchair, the very concept is to aid them from their own table/chair to yours.
I second windym's comment - my 2yr old much prefers sitting at a table with us all and I prefer not having to scrub a seat and straps after every meal!

That said, I appreciate that it's a lot of money to spend forabout 18 months use - with this in mind, you can purchase wooden high chairs that are able to come apart and turn into a small table and chair. This might suit you better in terms of getting long term usage check google for 'combination highchairs
Edited by: "missy89" 4th Sep 2017
Original Poster
missy8918 m ago

I second windym's comment - my 2yr old much prefers siting at a table with …I second windym's comment - my 2yr old much prefers siting at a table with us all and I prefer not having to scrub a seat and straps after every meal!That said, I appreciate that it's a lot of money to spend it about 18 months use - with this in mind, you can purchase wooden high chairs that are able to come apart and turn into a small table and chair. This might suit you better in terms of getting long term usage check google for 'combination highchairs

Thanks guys valid points. Most highchairs say max weight 15kg... as my LO is currently 8kg I feel I wont get very long out of a 'standard' high chair? First time mum and overthinking all my purchases!
15kg is just over 2 stone... I think my 6yr old daughter weighs about 2.5 stone! Babies grow at an astonishing rate (sometimes seeming like they've outgrown ALL their clothes within a fortnight) but it does even out, honest
Being a first time mum is all about worrying you're doing everything right, and to be fair, if you're worrying you're doing it right you are doing it right!

So to go back to the 15kg thing, don't panic about your son outgrowing the chair because bubbas interest in sitting in it will outgrow the chair way before his weight does
Edited by: "missy89" 4th Sep 2017
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants