Best home printer + 3k nectar pt

Posted 30th Oct
Looking for a good printer deal for home use, not a heavy user.
A cash back deal will be great.
Budget 125 after cash back.

viking-direct.co.uk

You get 3k nectar points if you sign up now.
Let me know if you guys think anything stands out

I'm currently thinking of the brother laser colour which works out to be less than 100 after cash back but only issue it's big & over 20kg
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
Usualy more cost-effective to compare the cost of food to feed the printer, not the initial purchase cost. A complete genuine meal for that HL-L8260CDW will set you back over £500 and is rated for 4000pages; expect to pay around £160 for compatible food, assuming the printer doesn't refuse to eat it. Also worthwhile checking how full (empty) the carts / toners supplied with the printer are; most manufacturers supply start-up carts / toners of significantly capacity less than retail versions.
AndyRoyd30/10/2019 23:55

Usualy more cost-effective to compare the cost of food to feed the …Usualy more cost-effective to compare the cost of food to feed the printer, not the initial purchase cost. A complete genuine meal for that HL-L8260CDW will set you back over £500 and is rated for 4000pages; expect to pay around £160 for compatible food, assuming the printer doesn't refuse to eat it. Also worthwhile checking how full (empty) the carts / toners supplied with the printer are; most manufacturers supply start-up carts / toners of significantly capacity less than retail versions.

Actually, if the food spec quoted on the Viking product page under "What's in the box" is correct, I'd buy the printer and sell the toner !
"...What's in the box
1 x Black Inbox Toner (~3,000 Pages), 1 x Cyan, Magenta, Yellow (~1,800 Pages), 1 x Standard Black Toner (~3,000 Pages), 1 x Cyan, Magenta, Yellow Toner (~1,800 Pages), 1 x High Yield Black Toner (~6,500 Pages), 1 x Cyan, Magenta, Yellow Toner (~4,000 Pages)
..."
Main hassle will be getting rid of the unwanted monster printer.
AndyRoyd30/10/2019 23:55

Usualy more cost-effective to compare the cost of food to feed the …Usualy more cost-effective to compare the cost of food to feed the printer, not the initial purchase cost. A complete genuine meal for that HL-L8260CDW will set you back over £500 and is rated for 4000pages; expect to pay around £160 for compatible food, assuming the printer doesn't refuse to eat it. Also worthwhile checking how full (empty) the carts / toners supplied with the printer are; most manufacturers supply start-up carts / toners of significantly capacity less than retail versions.

Your numbers are hurting to look at
So expensive but they don't match with what everyone else said on here
Seem a lot cheaper than what you mentioned

hotukdeals.com/dea…904
BigStart31/10/2019 00:43

Your numbers are hurting to look at So expensive but they don't match with …Your numbers are hurting to look at So expensive but they don't match with what everyone else said on hereSeem a lot cheaper than what you mentioned https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/brother-hl-l8260cdw-colour-laser-printer-a4-3226904

I simply quoted the toner costs stated on the same Viking product page as the printer, then had a quick look at the bay for compatibles. Are the genuine toners ever available at under £100 each / £400 a set?
TBH, if your usage is as you state (not a heavy user) then I imagine the machine will have expired by the time you have exhausted the implied 10k+ sheet toner supplied with the monster.
70Watts in standby !!!
AndyRoyd31/10/2019 00:52

I simply quoted the toner costs stated on the same Viking product page as …I simply quoted the toner costs stated on the same Viking product page as the printer, then had a quick look at the bay for compatibles. Are the genuine toners ever available at under £100 each / £400 a set? TBH, if your usage is as you state (not a heavy user) then I imagine the machine will have expired by the time you have exhausted the implied 10k+ sheet toner supplied with the monster. 70Watts in standby !!!

I Thought the same. By the time the toner is out I will need a new machine.
Average use 20-50 sheets a month at the most. Would be firm for a new machine at that point im sure
70 watt standby lol
Ok will not leave it on that must be a typo I guess they mean 7watt standby
Why not get an inkjet printer?
Currys do a HP 6234 wireless all in one printer for £89 with £30 cashback if bought today and also 7 months free printing (upto 300 pages per month) then you can go down to 50 prints a month for like £2p/m.
I have got this printer Brother HL-L8260CDW and although it is large and heavy it gives top quality prints. It fits in the printer space in my computer desk (just) it is double the height of my old printer. If you have room it is well worth buying. £100 cashback supposedly ends today but in reality they have kept renewing the offer every month for the last 6 months.
Edited by: "yorkie12" 31st Oct
38865535-i6Pni.jpg
I went for this printer not the brother
15£ voucher + 30 cashback + 40 pounds of nectar points
Makes the printer a good buy at under 50

Just made more sense for homw use,
Got the scanner & A3 printing which I wouldn't get with the brother.
Considering I wouldn't print more than 40 pages a month at home guess the laser was over killl ?!

What do you guys think ?

Regarding the Hp cashback do I need to submit today as promo ends of do i have a widnow to submit ?

Cheers

Rob
BigStart31/10/2019 14:02

[Image]

AS you can see it's the HP office jet pro 7720 ... Bit a of a beast for what I paid I guess
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants