Best home security cameras (outdoor)

Posted 10th Nov
What would be the best home security cameras ? Im looking ones to control from phone?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
Best = cheapest or best = not via dubious Chinese servers or best = ???. There's a current crop of £10 self-contained app-controlled cams fulfilled Amazon, random example amazon.co.uk/Sur…7B/
AndyRoyd10/11/2019 10:40

Best = cheapest or best = not via dubious Chinese servers or best = ???. …Best = cheapest or best = not via dubious Chinese servers or best = ???. There's a current crop of £10 self-contained app-controlled cams fulfilled Amazon, random example http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07VQ72Z7B/

Title mod to inc "outdoor" but prev example still relevant as there's peeps on here who hang their indoor cams outdoor under eaves with no apparent issues. YRMV.
Nest is good for novices, I added one to my parents, 40£ a year for 5 day continues cloud storage
Nest +1
Unifi Protect G4 Pro
Nest is good but expensive. Bought a whole annke system which records to NVR and is accessible via an app too. Problem with WiFi only cameras is it’s easy to jam or cut the cables to the internet rendering any camera useless. At least with nvr it’ll continue to record unless they cut the power cables (more dangerous).
I use Arlo. Easy to wirelessly install and no service contract needed. All controlled via your mobile phone. Just add more cameras as required. Good luck 🏻
Hikvision with hikvision NVR but you will either need some reasonable diy skills or pay someone to install. Well worth it though if you want a long term solution.
I've just recently finished building my own after finding that even high(ish) end CCTV, the quality is a joke. Even the £500 camera I bought (samsung s3120), the quality was worse than the camera from a Samsung Galaxy S2.

Bought some half decent PTZ camera's, removed the camera, 3d printed some mountings, and attached a cut-down version of a Samsung Galaxy S5, all feeds directly to a server recording 24/7, quality is amazing, and cost me hardly anything.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants