Best HTC phone ?

As title, interested in getting a HTC phone, which is the best and why ? I did look up a few reviews etc. Been reading up about rooting aswell, is this just like jailbreaking an iphone ? Anyone give me a few sentence reviews ? Help would be appreciated.

19 Comments

Original Poster

deek72

Any help? Testfreaks Edited By: deek72 on Jul 23, 2010 07:25: .

Thanks will look at that now, such a quick response too.

garbage456

htc 10 out of 10 in most reviews, nuff saidis rooting same as … htc 10 out of 10 in most reviews, nuff saidis rooting same as jailbreaking yes, but why would you want to do it?

I dont know, why do people do it lol ? Is it because os arent released yet or something ? Just heard people talking about it. Also whats newest wildfire or desire ?

garbage456

htc 10 out of 10 in most reviews, nuff saidis rooting same as … htc 10 out of 10 in most reviews, nuff saidis rooting same as jailbreaking yes, but why would you want to do it?

I've just got my Desire yesterday. Don't you have to re-root (X)) it to allow you to install apps on the card? And isn't this neccessary as there is so little internal ram (rom?) left over?

My first edit has just vanished. How annoying.

The Desire (until the Ace gets here in Oct/Nov). . .

Isn't the Evo supposed to be great? Heard good things about it.

Banned

evo isn't coming here unfortunately.

the next wave of big HTC phones should come out winter time... the HD1 and HD2 both came out around november time so maybe HD3 will come out then too??

OP i ended up getting a dell streak it's a 5" tablet phone... i love it!

how you finding the streak? I'm tempted by it but worried it might be just too massive!

Banned

niallmoran

how you finding the streak? I'm tempted by it but worried it might be … how you finding the streak? I'm tempted by it but worried it might be just too massive!

it's so slick! it's really thin so fits in all my pockets. getting bored of all the people asking me if it's an ipad or iphone 4 though..

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm247/imranmaz/IMG_0053.jpg

http://i298.photobucket.com/albums/mm247/imranmaz/IMG_0052.jpg
Edited by: "bykergrove" 23rd Jul 2010

I own the HD2, LOVE it!
Comes with Windows but it's recently been hacked to run Android! So best of both worlds!
HUGE screen, 5MP dual LED flash which takes STUNNING photos, and you can get it pretty cheap on contract if you shop around!

android on hd2? interesting stuff...windows mobile was pretty crummy last time i used it (MDA compact!)

niallmoran

android on hd2? interesting stuff...windows mobile was pretty crummy last … android on hd2? interesting stuff...windows mobile was pretty crummy last time i used it (MDA compact!)

I must admit the HD2 handles it very well! Plus with HTC Sense, makes it allot more easy on the eye

Android on the HD2 however runs better than Windows! And the guys over at XDA Dev are still working on perfecting it then making it into a ROM to overwrite windows!

If you want something that can handle both then any HTC will do the job as various older HTC's have already been hacked.

Personally, I'd recommend the HD2 due to the power 1GHz CPU and HUGE 480x800 4.3" screen!

Banned

h8196288

I must admit the HD2 handles it very well! Plus with HTC Sense, makes it … I must admit the HD2 handles it very well! Plus with HTC Sense, makes it allot more easy on the eye ;)Android on the HD2 however runs better than Windows! And the guys over at XDA Dev are still working on perfecting it then making it into a ROM to overwrite windows!If you want something that can handle both then any HTC will do the job as various older HTC's have already been hacked.Personally, I'd recommend the HD2 due to the power 1GHz CPU and HUGE 480x800 4.3" screen!

HD2 is a beautiful phone! i used to have the touch HD if the HD2 had flush bottom buttons like the touch hd i would have married it! haha

Original Poster

Think I am going to go with the desire, the htc hd2 just looks a bit bigger, and I couldnt see the dell streak on Orange. Are these easy to unlock does anyone know ?

bargaincrazy09

Think I am going to go with the desire, the htc hd2 just looks a bit … Think I am going to go with the desire, the htc hd2 just looks a bit bigger, and I couldnt see the dell streak on Orange. Are these easy to unlock does anyone know ?

Good choice! Really nice phone. I have the HTC Legend and love it.

HTC's aren't generally locked (please correct me if I'm wrong). Mine wasn't locked. JUST make you you don't get a branded one! i.e one with the "Orange" logo on it etc.

Original Poster

h8196288

HTC's aren't generally locked (please correct me if I'm wrong). Mine … HTC's aren't generally locked (please correct me if I'm wrong). Mine wasn't locked. JUST make you you don't get a branded one! i.e one with the "Orange" logo on it etc.

I am getting it from Orange, from the picture there wasn't any branding, anyone had one from Orange and able to let me know if they are locked/ branded ?

bykergrove

it's so slick! it's really thin so fits in all my pockets. getting bored … it's so slick! it's really thin so fits in all my pockets. getting bored of all the people asking me if it's an ipad or iphone 4 though..

wow nice ipad, actually on second inspection is it an iphone?

Original Poster

Just checked delivery and its due tommorow woop de woo. First app to download suggestions ?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846049
    2. What an absolute disgrace1942
    3. What do you feel like whinging about today?1917247
    4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread414514052

See more discussions