Best indoor cctv to point through window/night vision etc

Posted 28th Nov
Looking for the best cheap indoor camera that can be used to view outside at night. Or the best cheap camera for outdoor- night vision needs to be good as no lights in garden really.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
Doesn’t work as it’s reflected back at night. If you want cctv to cover outside put it outside.

It maybe useful for people to help if you posted more details.

Do you want something that can record to cloud (this usually requires a sub)
Do you want 1080p or 1440p
Do you want something to record to SD card, a hard drive or other?
Do you want to add more cameras etc?
Do you want to be able to see video on an app or device like google home hub/Alexa equivalent?
WiFi?
Does it have to be battery powered or can you drill holes for mains power?
Etc etc

Max budget is useful too. There can be stuff for £10 that would do at a push but if your thinking £40 you would get something better.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 28th Nov
cmdr_elito28/11/2019 07:13

Doesn’t work as it’s reflected back at night. If you want cctv to cover out …Doesn’t work as it’s reflected back at night. If you want cctv to cover outside put it outside.

Yes it does, I've got it set up as the OP wants to use it. If you place the camera on something and have it angled slightly facing down, you don't get the reflection problem.
My little bros has the facility to turn off the night vision LEDs, but you can't see much in the dark.
A low light camera will be very expensive
You could buy an infrared lamp to illuminate outside and have the camera indoors, but you might as well have a camera out there.
Depends what she wants to see. I have a yi dome camera from Amazon always posted on here watching my car through window.
When son points that direction I can't see anything and when window gets condensed then i can't see anything
Edited by: "Misslovely" 28th Nov
I have a car dash cam pointing outside my lounge window, might sound silly but if you get one that has decent night recording then they are built for " looking " through glass, ( the windscreen ) and record perfect pictures.
st8mike28/11/2019 08:25

I have a car dash cam pointing outside my lounge window, might sound silly …I have a car dash cam pointing outside my lounge window, might sound silly but if you get one that has decent night recording then they are built for " looking " through glass, ( the windscreen ) and record perfect pictures.

Good idea - How very utilitarian of you Mike and a man after my own heart (Not in a gayway ) - if it doesnt fit make it fit eh lol
Which Make and model is it?
omendata28/11/2019 09:10

Good idea - How very utilitarian of you Mike and a man after my own heart …Good idea - How very utilitarian of you Mike and a man after my own heart (Not in a gayway ) - if it doesnt fit make it fit eh lolWhich Make and model is it?

" utilitarian " is not the word my wife uses to describe me and not the sort of word I could use here...lmao......the cam is a E Prance mini 805, I had two of them in the car but as they are now over 4yrs old I updated the car ones and put them to good use in the house as they still work well, batteries are naff but I have them permanently connected to a usb supply on a household socket near the window.
ncd28/11/2019 07:15

Yes it does, I've got it set up as the OP wants to use it. If you place …Yes it does, I've got it set up as the OP wants to use it. If you place the camera on something and have it angled slightly facing down, you don't get the reflection problem.

Even if you are lucky enough to get it sort of working it’s still pointless as it’s easy to put up outside. I should know I have 5 cameras.
E-Prance mini 805!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now that is deffo the gay'est dashcam on the market!
I now understand your wife completely!
Edited by: "omendata" 28th Nov
omendata28/11/2019 19:24

E-Prance mini 805!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Now that is deffo the gay'est …E-Prance mini 805!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Now that is deffo the gay'est dashcam on the market!I now understand your wife completely!

They may be " gay " but they do a dam good job with excellent pics.
Here's a cheap (under $30 before customs fees) indoor camera which claims to have a IMX307 Sony Starvis sensor so should be pretty good in low light.

Even claims to have a Hi3516C DSP, which I believe is supposed to be better than the 'E' variant.

aliexpress.com/ite…tml

Has no IR and no automatic IR cut filter.

EDIT: According to one of the reviews, the DSP is not a hi3516 as stated in the spec, but the sensor actually is a Sony imx307.

Really would be better off having a camera outside, so light from the room doesn't reflect off the glass into the lens.
Edited by: "melted" 28th Nov
The definitive answer to the "best cheap" question: a dedicated outdoor cam that costs £13 with comfort of Amazon fulfillment.
Has colour nightvision so none of that monochrome nightime view rubbish. Internal or external storage, motion sensor, alerts, microphone, speaker, etc, etc, "Only" 720p and doesn't make toast, so won't suit peeps that cannot look beyond specs on paper or look beyond one user's ignorance. Fill your boots amazon.co.uk/dp/…YD/
AndyRoyd28/11/2019 22:33

The definitive answer to the "best cheap" question: a dedicated outdoor …The definitive answer to the "best cheap" question: a dedicated outdoor cam that costs £13 with comfort of Amazon fulfillment.Has colour nightvision so none of that monochrome nightime view rubbish. Internal or external storage, motion sensor, alerts, microphone, speaker, etc, etc, "Only" 720p and doesn't make toast, so won't suit peeps that cannot look beyond specs on paper or look beyond one user's ignorance. Fill your boots https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07HGW4FYD/

A shat oh dear and one bad review lol

It is true though I do agree i have loads of chinese ipcams and they are much better than peeps think.
Edited by: "omendata" 29th Nov
I have cctv up but i can’t get it to work online via an app as it’s an old SECURIX box. I have a ring doorbell at th front and that’s great. Will be putting an led pir outside sensor light up soon to the back which will replace a halogen non pir light. Hopefully that will help to see re extra light. Am I best off getting a ring for the back door too pointing down garden? Definitely want the quality of ring and accessible like ring but not the price tag? Xxx
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants