Best insurance for 2 iPhone X's

Found 7th Dec 2017
Thinking of upgrading my iPhone 6 to X and likewise for the missus.

What's the best and cheapest insurance that would cover 2 iPhone X 256Gb devices for accidental damage?

Glass repairs on the new iPhone X are expensive, hence considering insurance in the event of a drop.
Community Updates
AskApple
9 Comments
Depends how good cover you want. If you have joint bank account with insurance included, most banks offer these and the monthly price would cover both if it’s a joint account. Phone networks are usually quicker for replacements but more expensive
Yeah plus 1 for banks £50 excess for an iPhone I think it’s with Lloyd’s. Halifax is £100
Original Poster
so how much do you have to pay per month to get this level of cover included?

And does it cover iPhone X value?

thanks
I pay a tenner a month rbs (down from £15 due to the money and standing orders per. Both) but it’s still Lloyd’s. I’ve had the account years with only one phone. It’s £50 for damage and £100 for loss on an iPhone £30 android. With a joint account you get another phone but I’m not sure how much more it is though
Lloyds for example cover any phone including iPhone X and excess is £100. Any phone apart from iPhone is £50 excess.
Had various iPhones for years and despite bouncing them down concrete stairs, throwing it at a wasp, falling from way up a tree (the phone) I’ve not had a breakage. Why? I always buy a good case because I buy iPhones for their functionally rather than their looks. I used to use griffin survivors but now moved to otter box defender.... less than £30 (probably more for an x) and no insurance. No point with insurance with a good case unless your expecting it to be stolen, most insurances have £100 excess. Good phone case is half of that.
cmdr_elito33 m ago

Had various iPhones for years and despite bouncing them down concrete …Had various iPhones for years and despite bouncing them down concrete stairs, throwing it at a wasp, falling from way up a tree (the phone) I’ve not had a breakage. Why? I always buy a good case because I buy iPhones for their functionally rather than their looks. I used to use griffin survivors but now moved to otter box defender.... less than £30 (probably more for an x) and no insurance. No point with insurance with a good case unless your expecting it to be stolen, most insurances have £100 excess. Good phone case is half of that.

not everyone likes a big, bulky case on a phone, especially phones with the 'premium build'. sticking a big heavy plastic case on defeats the point of using glass and metal.

some people also tend to lose phones (not something i've ever done) so its useful for some to have this covered. no case can cover that.
That is true. But in response to the request, the best and cheapest insurance against accidental damage, is not to damage it in the first place by having a robust case ticks both those boxes.

If you want to be showy with the phone then you have to accept that you are taking a risk and there is no cheap option and you will end up paying when inevitably you drop or damage it. Paying a monthly amount and an excess which often is more than car insurance seems to not be worth it to me.
Original Poster
I tend to agree with adamspencer95.

I want a nice phone but don't want to wrap it up in a huge military-style case.

There's a middle way where you can enjoy the form factor and have a small thin case. But accidents will happen, hence my query on insurance.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants