Best internet package for students

Anyone got and idea what the best internet package is for a house of 6 students? We are looking for a good internet (4MB+) but ideally don't want a 12 month contract. Any ideas...

8 Comments

Virgin media are pretty good. If you get a phone line from them internet costs £4.50 a month. Even if you dont get a phone line i think its about £10

Think Virgin is 12month contracts though.

And if there's 6 of you.
If you all have your own computers, 360's PS3's connected, then you will hit the nightly cut off limit easily.
4Mb is 750mb after 4pm.
6 People browsing, gaming will eat that up no probs and its cut to 2mb

Sweetchinmusic

Virgin media are pretty good. If you get a phone line from them internet … Virgin media are pretty good. If you get a phone line from them internet costs £4.50 a month. Even if you dont get a phone line i think its about £10

I'm a student who has just moved into a new house and looking to set up a broadband connection as well. I have just checked on the Virgin Media Website, it is 18 quid for up to 2mb broadband connection. Does any body know of a cheaper service?? All I want is basic broadband with no phone or any other service. Thks~~:w00t:

Try ]here

Google Ident i THINK there a month to month contact so you can cancel anytime also Bulldog Broadband

It is normally £18 for the internet connection but its a promo at the mo with that £4.50 thing. Ends October 31st

Although I don't really use the landline to call people with, (its mobile phones all the way nowadays isn't it) but with only 15.5/month sharing with three other people, makes it less than 4 quid a month, can't complain about that.

Note that if you place your order online you get 20 quid off the installation charge making it only 5 quid for installation. Booked mine for next week, hope it goes smooth. :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763961
    2. Any PS4 News Here29213593
    3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17386132
    4. Better watch out for these...912

See more discussions