Groups
    EXPIRED

Best internet package (line + broadband)

Hi Guys,
    moving into a rented house which has a phone line but not connected.
    I NEED broadband...but not really need a phone.
    Whats the best package for broadband + line rental on terms of speed and price.
    Cheap is good but i need quick internet for downloads and uploads etc...
    Cant get virgin fibre optic in that area

Any suggestions? sky? BT? etc...

Thanks! (p.s i have and use quidco)

14 Comments

Quite happy with my Talk Talk package also comes with free evening n weekend calls incase u use the phone.

Original Poster

thanks sorry for not seeing that when i searched!
    So we settled on postoffice line rental and talk talk or O2?

Talk talk package includes linerental. they pay for it.

Is there not a £120 reconnection fee to pay to BT??

Could you not just get like a mobile which gives you like unlimited broadband?

Original Poster

Mobile broadband? id rather use 56K dialup! mobile broadband runs (at best) at a quater of your advertised speed if your lucky!
    I need reasonably fast internet with a good download amount for as a cheap as possible.
    ill check talktalk but ive only heard less than good reviews...

adamck;6421619

Mobile broadband? id rather use 56K dialup! mobile broadband runs (at … Mobile broadband? id rather use 56K dialup! mobile broadband runs (at best) at a quater of your advertised speed if your lucky!I need reasonably fast internet with a good download amount for as a cheap as possible.ill check talktalk but ive only heard less than good reviews...

i got mobile broadband with 3-- its rubbish, gets disconnected atleast 10 times a day. its sooooo slow----worse thn dial up. i m really ****** off with 3 network. some time i just dont use the mobile broadband coz i get angry... ok, and the best bit is when i am bidding on ebay and few seconds remaining- and thn it disconnects.. well ,, blood pressure increases.

ok, i m still thinking what to go for..i m in the same boat as you. i think i am going to go with post office for landline, and o2 for broadband. i think talktalk dont do landline on its own- so u end up paying abt £14 to talktalk for their basic package for landline only-- whereas post office u just pay£11.75. doing all this via quidco is worth it.

what do u think? anyone got any better idea/deal/package

Banned

Have you tried o2? its very cheap if you are on that network

clublander;6424713

Have you tried o2? its very cheap if you are on that network

i got o2 mobile so works out cheaper, but with quidco cashback and 3 months free- its a good deal, no connection fee either

Original Poster

tiscali seems quite good for the tv broadband and phone... plus £60 quidco.
    £30 for setup tho, but only £20 a month and only 12 month contract inc line rental.
    seems best for me anyone beat this?

Original Poster

hmm bad reviews from tiscali...
    o2 offer a good mobile deal for me...and then £50 quidco for broadband and £100 for simplicity contract and 3 months free...
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767343
      2. word association Game73944514
      3. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …2238
      4. *** Weekly game codes giveaway 188 ***1125

See more discussions