Groups

Best internet provider

Please just coming out of contract with BT and i need help which internet company is better to join for another one year.

10 Comments

Avoid TalkTalk at all costs!

I have been with TalkTalk since day one and never had the slightest trouble. I have just renewed my contract with 76mbps fibre, Free landline calls 24/7 including mobiles. My current broad band is reading 65mbps. Total cost £37 per month. And you get a free SIM with 200 minutes, 500mb of data & unlimited texts completely free for as long as you want it.

VirginMedia - Best
    TalkTalk - worst

Ring BT, ask to speak to win back team, say you want to leave as your not happy with price, they usually have much better offers than what is offered to new customers.

Virgin Media are by far the best but you pay for what you get, but as a new customer you'll get it for less then half of someone like me who has been with them for over ten years.

Spent years (and far too much money and faults) with Virgin, then moved to BT and endured more than a fair share of faults and loss of service.
    Moved to SSE (great deals at topcashback) and have landline with anytime calls and unlimited broadband for around £23 per month, which works out a lot less with the cashback. Broadband speed is faster than BT too, even though it is meant to be about the same.

Virgin are good. BT are awful.

this is far too subjective and dependent on your location, distance from exchange, size of house etc.

honestly, ive been with talktalk, EE, sky and BT. the only one i ever had an issue with was EE as some idiot cancelled my account.

virgin media for constant broadband speeds cannot be beaten in my opinion.

adamspencer95

this is far too subjective and dependent on your location, distance from … this is far too subjective and dependent on your location, distance from exchange, size of house etc.honestly, ive been with talktalk, EE, sky and BT. the only one i ever had an issue with was EE as some idiot cancelled my account.

I'd 2nd this.

Had Virgin for years, never a problem.

Went to Sky (half price deal) and the Internet was truly awful..... dropouts, painfully slow etc.

To be fair it wasn't Sky's fault - I was over a mile away from the junction box!!!

(my mate has Sky and his Internet is fast and strong - so he must be very close to his junction box!)

I'm now back with Virgin (half price deal).

Superfast and constant.

Every provider will have their customer faults. I've never had a problem with Virgin.

If you know you get a good strong signal with a BT line risk the BT win back team....

Or try a new customer deal with Virgin - sometimes the Virgin stall sellers at shopping centres can do better than new customer deals. ....

Good luck
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Which Zelda Game?79
      2. random company selling fifa 18 for £29.9533
      3. Cinema 24122
      4. Recommend accurate weighing scales22

See more discussions