Groups

Best ip cctv camera?

Just wondering if anyone has found an actual good ip camera...

My requirements...
    Decent 720p footage
    Alerts to phone if movement is detected
    Infrared
    Budget around £60
    Back up to ftp aswell would be nice
    Weatherproof (after an indoor one also but main one will be mounted above front door)

I've looked on Amazon but so many cheap chinese makes with dodgy reviews I cant pick out the gems amoungst all the rough.

Cheers for any help.

9 Comments

Original Poster

Wifi aswell

I would stick with Foscam all day long

Annke have a range - some on eBay outlet too.

I have a full system plus I purchased th Sparkle 1, very good wifi and cat5, camera moves, records and sends alert

Hikvision is expensive but very good.

I returned my Foscam cameras as each one was faulty. Bought a HIKVision camera from use-ip very pleased with it.

It would be an easy decision for me: buy a Hikvision camera from China with modified firmware. You can pick up the 4mp (2560 x 1440) model for around £60. I believe they are around £100 for UK model.

Original Poster

joshp

It would be an easy decision for me: buy a Hikvision camera from China … It would be an easy decision for me: buy a Hikvision camera from China with modified firmware. You can pick up the 4mp (2560 x 1440) model for around £60. I believe they are around £100 for UK model.

​Where did you buy one from? and how do i mod the firmware :D?

it will already be modified
    they are chinese firmware only for sale in china
    sellers modify it with english language will often be marketed as "international version"
    you wont be able to update the firmware though,
    try aliexpress, or ebay for a bit more

More expensive but good for anyone looking for a kit, I had the Zmodo 720p IP NVR kit (4 cameras, NVR, 1TB - £190), good quality in the day, easy to use mobile app and OS on NVR, nightvision is short range though. Just upgraded to the Anke/ Sannce 1080p cameras, better quality picture day and night, however mobile app and OS isn't up to scratch.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Need foreign euro spend card, only 40% eligibility for Halifax Clarity but …66
      2. What kind of workstation desk should I buy for my office / music room ?34
      3. Ripped off by GearBest, VERY ANGRY!88
      4. Recommend a free reminder app1417

See more discussions